• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Thanks guys for all the nice comments. I was wondering and if anyone knows that would be great, but do I have the highest graded White paged copy? If not, what copy is it or copies? Thanks

I can't remember seeing more than a couple other white-paged copies. And neither of them were graded as high as your book. Both the White Mountain (9.4) and Curator (9.0) copies have off-white to white pages. If any AF #15 would have white pages, those would be the best bets.

I don't think any of the 9.4s have white pages. The 9.2s both have off-white pages. It looks like there are 6 more 9.0s in the census besides the Curator. I've never seen most of those books. But I think there's a good chance your book might be highest graded copy with white pages.

Good to hear :grin: I don't know of any other white paged copies higher than mine or the same grade. But yea I know that offwhite-white is the highest I know that grades higher than mine

Listen to the expert. There is a WP 8.0 (the Maine Summerhouse copy sold by Quasar years ago as a 7.0 and it was pressed up to 8.0).

That was the highest graded WPer...until this one popped up. There is a restored 9.0 with WPs but that don't count! lol

You're right, it don't count! lol Would love to see that WP 8.0 copy!

Not mine, but here's a scan...

Wow :o that looks better than an 8.0 IMHO! How on earth did that graded out as a 7.0 to being with?

Thanks guys for all the nice comments. I was wondering and if anyone knows that would be great, but do I have the highest graded White paged copy? If not, what copy is it or copies? Thanks

I can't remember seeing more than a couple other white-paged copies. And neither of them were graded as high as your book. Both the White Mountain (9.4) and Curator (9.0) copies have off-white to white pages. If any AF #15 would have white pages, those would be the best bets.

I don't think any of the 9.4s have white pages. The 9.2s both have off-white pages. It looks like there are 6 more 9.0s in the census besides the Curator. I've never seen most of those books. But I think there's a good chance your book might be highest graded copy with white pages.

Good to hear :grin: I don't know of any other white paged copies higher than mine or the same grade. But yea I know that offwhite-white is the highest I know that grades higher than mine

Listen to the expert. There is a WP 8.0 (the Maine Summerhouse copy sold by Quasar years ago as a 7.0 and it was pressed up to 8.0).

That was the highest graded WPer...until this one popped up. There is a restored 9.0 with WPs but that don't count! lol

You're right, it don't count! lol Would love to see that WP 8.0 copy!

Not mine, but here's a scan...

Wow :o that looks better than an 8.0 IMHO! How on earth did that graded out as a 7.0 to being with?

Beats me. It must have been either harshly graded the first time &/or had some pressable defects...

118281.jpg.c68ac2e8ceab147a3ba6fb5af47d0b27.jpg

118282.jpg.7ded366cb999260532c1ef280277021f.jpg

I'm guessing the defect(s) is on the back cover.. Or just harshly graded

There was some heavy horizontal creasing along the spine, back cover on that book. I'm guessing that it kept the grade down even after pressing it.

correct. some NCB creases near the spine on the back cover that were pressed out to get the 8.0.

You guys don't want to know what it sold for when it was on ebay as a 7.0.

You're right, no we don't!

I think it went for $14K or so, didn't it?

I remember the book and the story behind the find. Some of the books from the collection were even offered on here weren't they?

Great story.

There was some heavy horizontal creasing along the spine, back cover on that book. I'm guessing that it kept the grade down even after pressing it.

It wasn't the 7.0 you had was it? At first I thought it was your former copy that was pressed into an 8.0.

It wasn't the 7.0 you had was it? At first I thought it was your former copy that was pressed into an 8.0.

Nope, not mine.

Brian, So you were the lucky winner of that one helluva spectacular copy of AF#15 ! (worship)

During that Sparkle City auction, I kept checking on that book from time to time for bid price movements (and just to admire the beauty of that cover) all the way towards the grand finale! I didn't place any bids myself though.

Anyway, I'm glad you won it, especially knowing that you had to sacrifice all those nice pre-Robin Tecs along the way! Tough choice, but you made the right decision. (thumbs u

BTW, I personally don't recall ever seeing an AF#15 with White pages in HG available before this on the markets. hm