• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Brian, So you were the lucky winner of that one helluva spectacular copy of AF#15 ! (worship)

During that Sparkle City auction, I kept checking on that book from time to time for bid price movements (and just to admire the beauty of that cover) all the way towards the grand finale! I didn't place any bids myself though.

Anyway, I'm glad you won it, especially knowing that you had to sacrifice all those nice pre-Robin Tecs along the way! Tough choice, but you made the right decision. (thumbs u

BTW, I personally don't recall ever seeing an AF#15 with White pages in HG available before this on the markets. hm

With all them Pre Robins ammased. I'd have gone for the big Tec instead of 1st Spidey - but thats just me. (shrug)

AF15 cgc 8.5 (blue) = Tec27 cgc 8.5 (plod). Arent they pricewise rather equivalent in todays market (with the recent HA + CC sales)?

With all them Pre Robins ammased. I'd have gone for the big Tec instead of 1st Spidey - but thats just me. (shrug)

AF15 cgc 8.5 (blue) = Tec27 cgc 8.5 (plod).

That would all depend on one's tolerance level for PLODs. hm

Well, it was definitely a tough decision for me to make, pretty much a coin flip at that time. What I wanted was either a high graded copy of AF 15 or a low graded unrestored copy of Tec 27. Since the AF 15 was the one that popped up in an auction first, I decided to go for it.

Between an 8.5 blue and a Tec 27 PLOD, af 15 blue all the way

Well, it was definitely a tough decision for me to make, pretty much a coin flip at that time. What I wanted was either a high graded copy of AF 15 or a low graded unrestored copy of Tec 27. Since the AF 15 was the one that popped up in an auction first, I decided to go for it.

wise decision short and long term (thumbs u

I think so too. Especially since you got a particularly sharp 8.5 with great pages. And if you ever had to sell or wanted to sell, you'll have an easier time with an unrestored book.

AF for sure, but maybe its because I'm biased. I hope to own a 7.0 one day and by that time it will probably be a redic amount of $. Anyhow beautiful book :applause:

AF for sure, but maybe its because I'm biased. I hope to own a 7.0 one day and by that time it will probably be a redic amount of $. Anyhow beautiful book :applause:

I guess it's time for a 3rd mortgage. hm

That's a super copy. (worship)

I was actually looking for a 7.0 copy that looked very nice and presentable, but I had other plans into trying to acquire the highest graded copy I could afford and voila!

Thanks again guys for the comments. I am very content with my decision. Although I will miss my pre-robin tecs :(.. It was soo tough to acquire em at around unrestored 4.0 condition

Now that you have the Spidey grail,it will be alot of fun trying to re-acquire the pre Robin Tecs. :applause:

Well regardless: you managed to muscle your way onto a true monsterbook. Congratulations

Thanks again guys for the comments. I am very content with my decision. Although I will miss my pre-robin tecs :(.. It was soo tough to acquire em at around unrestored 4.0 condition

Now that you have the Spidey grail,it will be alot of fun trying to re-acquire the pre Robin Tecs. :applause:

lol that would be a challenge again.. But I need two things:

1) Money

2) Who has em and if they would want to sell it for a decent price. I know where 3 of em went to but the other 3 I dunno

Well, the long anticipated wait is over!!!! I have been waiting for this book for about a month or so. Sold all my pre-robin tecs to acquire this book + cash. I know some of you have guessed it right and others have wondered the reason why I sold my Pre-robin's. Well, the answer is right below this text!!!

The colors on this book are the best I've seen, basically news stand fresh! And, White Pages to boot :cloud9: I couldn't have been anymore happier with my decision. I'm glad I did what I did and have no regrets! A very special thanks to Sparkle City for working with me on acquiring this book. Without further adieu, I would like to personally induct this Amazing Fantasy #15 CGC 8.5 into my collection :banana::banana::banana:

AF15CGC85.jpg

congrats my friend. :applause: crack it open and read it! :insane: