• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Well, the long anticipated wait is over!!!! I have been waiting for this book for about a month or so. Sold all my pre-robin tecs to acquire this book + cash. I know some of you have guessed it right and others have wondered the reason why I sold my Pre-robin's. Well, the answer is right below this text!!!

The colors on this book are the best I've seen, basically news stand fresh! And, White Pages to boot :cloud9: I couldn't have been anymore happier with my decision. I'm glad I did what I did and have no regrets! A very special thanks to Sparkle City for working with me on acquiring this book. Without further adieu, I would like to personally induct this Amazing Fantasy #15 CGC 8.5 into my collection :banana::banana::banana:

AF15CGC85.jpg

congrats my friend. :applause: crack it open and read it! :insane:

I have :insane:

Another thing too is that I have never spent that kind of money on a single comic book. Not even close! I was soo nervous and maybe crazy lol

Well at least that now puts you in the "six figures" club, ..... with bragging rights!!! :/

:acclaim:

:acclaim: + :acclaim: = :acclaim: :acclaim:

Well, the long anticipated wait is over!!!! I have been waiting for this book for about a month or so. Sold all my pre-robin tecs to acquire this book + cash. I know some of you have guessed it right and others have wondered the reason why I sold my Pre-robin's. Well, the answer is right below this text!!!

The colors on this book are the best I've seen, basically news stand fresh! And, White Pages to boot :cloud9: I couldn't have been anymore happier with my decision. I'm glad I did what I did and have no regrets! A very special thanks to Sparkle City for working with me on acquiring this book. Without further adieu, I would like to personally induct this Amazing Fantasy #15 CGC 8.5 into my collection :banana::banana::banana:

AF15CGC85.jpg

congrats my friend. :applause: crack it open and read it! :insane:

I have :insane:

lol

I wanted to share my AF 15's that i've owned about 2-3 years ago. I have sold these books already to acquire my current pre-robin Tec run. Somewhere down the line, I may pursue another AF 15, and this time, it would be a keeper.

CGC 5.0 Blue cream-offwhite pages

Picture010-1.jpg

Picture026.jpg

CGC 6.5 with slight Prof. resto. (small amount of color touch on cover)

af15_front_top.jpg

we've come full circle (thumbs u

With all them Pre Robins ammased. I'd have gone for the big Tec instead of 1st Spidey - but thats just me. (shrug)

AF15 cgc 8.5 (blue) = Tec27 cgc 8.5 (plod).

That would all depend on one's tolerance level for PLODs. hm

Well, it was definitely a tough decision for me to make, pretty much a coin flip at that time. What I wanted was either a high graded copy of AF 15 or a low graded unrestored copy of Tec 27. Since the AF 15 was the one that popped up in an auction first, I decided to go for it.

Between an 8.5 blue and a Tec 27 PLOD, af 15 blue all the way

Brian,

Congrats on snagging such a great book! Great centering, nice colors, and WHITE pages! You will never go wrong with that book! I was the second underbidder at $101k. I would've taken it higher, but was not in a position to be as aggressive going after this book as I would have liked!

At current prices I would probably also take an AF 15 over a restored Tec 27. But to the "all restored books are a bad investment" crowd, I would just like to point out that in the last 2 years 8.5/9.0 AF 15s have not changed at all in value. While during the same time high grade restored Tec 27s have quietly almost doubled in price :gossip:

I wanted to share my AF 15's that i've owned about 2-3 years ago. I have sold these books already to acquire my current pre-robin Tec run. Somewhere down the line, I may pursue another AF 15, and this time, it would be a keeper.

CGC 5.0 Blue cream-offwhite pages

Picture010-1.jpg

Picture026.jpg

CGC 6.5 with slight Prof. resto. (small amount of color touch on cover)

af15_front_top.jpg

we've come full circle (thumbs u

I have don't I lol Wow surprised you kept those scans.. Soo old school

With all them Pre Robins ammased. I'd have gone for the big Tec instead of 1st Spidey - but thats just me. (shrug)

Well, it was definitely a tough decision for me to make, pretty much a coin flip at that time. What I wanted was either a high graded copy of AF 15 or a low graded unrestored copy of Tec 27. Since the AF 15 was the one that popped up in an auction first, I decided to go for it.

Brian,

Congrats on snagging such a great book! Great centering, nice colors, and WHITE pages! You will never go wrong with that book! I was the second underbidder at $101k. I would've taken it higher, but was not in a position to be as aggressive going after this book as I would have liked!

At current prices I would probably also take an AF 15 over a restored Tec 27. But to the "all restored books are a bad investment" crowd, I would just like to point out that in the last 2 years 8.5/9.0 AF 15s have not changed at all in value. While during the same time high grade restored Tec 27s have quietly almost doubled in price :gossip:

Thanks Adam, I am glad you didn't bid more lol I think I would've lost after the next bid. I think it's a no brainer taking the unrestored AF 15 over a restored Tec 27. Question is, what about between the AF 15 or a low graded unrestored Tec 27. Now that would be a tougher decision for me hm

Thanks Adam, I am glad you didn't bid more lol I think I would've lost after the next bid. I think it's a no brainer taking the unrestored AF 15 over a restored Tec 27. Question is, what about between the AF 15 or a low graded unrestored Tec 27. Now that would be a tougher decision for me hm

Knowing you got the book I'm glad I didn't bid more too. As far as AF15 vs unrestored Tec 27, for me there's no question. Next chance I get for an unrestored Action1/Tec27 at anywhere near the $100k range I'm jumping on the opportunity and not thinking twice!

Knowing you got the book I'm glad I didn't bid more too. As far as AF15 vs unrestored Tec 27, for me there's no question. Next chance I get for an unrestored Action1/Tec27 at anywhere near the $100k range I'm jumping on the opportunity and not thinking twice!

+1

Are there any out there? that is a more important question since I am sure there are quite a few buyers that are able and willing to pay that much.

+1

Are there any out there? that is a more important question since I am sure there are quite a few buyers that are able and willing to pay that much.

I can fix that for you: buy a HG plod and strip it of its restoe. Voila: blue.

Brian,

That's good to hear. Does that mean that the restored AF 15's will get a little more respect soon? hm

Brian,

Picking up HG Tec27 plods below 100K a pop might already be history.

Brian,

AF15 plods have been flat for the last year I presume

That's good to hear. Does that mean that the restored AF 15's will get a little more respect soon? hm

AF15 plods have been flat for the last year I presume ?

HG slights: 10K

Mods: 5K

Ext: ?

Brian,

AF15 plods have been flat for the last year I presume

AF15 plods have been flat for the last year I presume ?

HG slights: 10K

Mods: 5K

Ext: ?

In my opinion, Don's 9.0 is has great eye appeal and should deserve a premium over similar HG AF15 restored copies.