• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I thought it was funny actually and that old joke came right to my head.

I do like that it has no writing, no tape and no staining. Pretty much no marvel chipping, or at least that extensive marvel chipping that's a real eye sore. I'd prefer the chips out to be back cover or in the blue area. But like you said all comics in the VG and below range are going to have flaws. Often, it just depends on which ones we can live with over others.

Ed

Depending on the back cover, that was a strong 3.0, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a straight resub.

Maybe, but one would expect a strong 3.0 to maybe turn into a 3.5. Not a full jump up to 4.0. Frankly based on the front cover I find this to be a pretty weak 4.0, though I do agree that it is a nice-looking 3.0.

Great looking 3.0, slightly soft 4.0

Could be the book had indents that were pressed out (maybe a kid used it to trace). I had a book jump a full grade when I got similar defects pressed out. (shrug)

Seems to me that the mania depends on the venue and the day. The CLink auction that just ended had a 1.0 copy that went for just over $2200 which doesn't seem too unreasonable given current prices. This ebay one does seem to be up to a surprising level for that grade but I've seen many ebay lots go for surprising amounts...though not as surprising as the asking prices of most of the BIN options!

I have also noticed that November/December prices tend to be higher than January/February, at least on ebay, so I guess it all comes down to who and how many people want it right now.

After that wild ride on C-Link with the last 4.0 selling for over $8k, there's another one in the auction previews with White Pages!

In fact there's a 6.5 W as well (and a 7.0 with OW/W pages).

I wonder if this white-paged 4.0 at C-Link will exceed the hammer price of the last 4.0 that auctioned there. hm

AF #15's on C-Link

After that wild ride on C-Link with the last 4.0 selling for over $8k, there's another one in the auction previews with White Pages!

I wonder if this white-paged 4.0 at C-Link will exceed the hammer price of the last 4.0 that auctioned there. hm

AF #15's on C-Link

That's mine and Dad's. OO estate sale book with unbelievable insides.

Dad's throwing in his 8.0 OW/W to the winner... lol:insane::o

According to GPA the last 1.5 with slight resto sold in Jan of 2009 for $1400.

There is a 1.0 unrestored on Heritage right now at $1100 with 6 days left.

A 1.0 unrestored sold for $2100 in Oct of 2011.

A restored 2.0 sold for $2600 in July of last year

This fughie 1.0 (cover covered in tape) sold for $1000 Sept 2010

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=110091&lotNo=11014

Hope this helps.

According to GPA the last 1.5 with slight resto sold in Jan of 2009 for $1400.

There is a 1.0 unrestored on Heritage right now at $1100 with 6 days left.

A 1.0 unrestored sold for $2100 in Oct of 2011.

A restored 2.0 sold for $2600 in July of last year

This fughie 1.0 (cover covered in tape) sold for $1000 Sept 2010

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=110091&lotNo=11014

Hope this helps.

It does. Thanks. The reason I asked is because a month ago I bought a 1.5 with slight amateur restoration and nice eye appeal so I was curious how a book like that was trending, what with all these bananas prices for low grade AF 15s lately.

AF #15's on C-Link

That's mine and Dad's. OO estate sale book with unbelievable insides.

Dad's throwing in his 8.0 OW/W to the winner... lol:insane::o

Neat . . . and lately white pages are all the rage.

Your Dad's sale could be well timed if the last auction is any indication ;)