• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Based on what I can tell, looks to have: COW (OW even) pages, top staple beginning to pull, numerous spine nicks, and a 4-5 inch corner crease that breaks color on the bottom FC. Does present well and has a bit of cover gloss left. If it's 100% unrestored, I'd give it a 5.0. You sellin'?

Based on what I can tell, looks to have: COW (OW even) pages, top staple beginning to pull, numerous spine nicks, and a 4-5 inch corner crease that breaks color on the bottom FC. Does present well and has a bit of cover gloss left. If it's 100% unrestored, I'd give it a 5.0. You sellin'?

no - it was on ebay. thinking of making an offer. I was thinking 5.0 too, but from these low-quality scans I think it could go 4.0 too - big swing. seller "guarantees" blue label - says it came from original owner. mm hm.

there's another like it on ebay right now...

no - it was on ebay. thinking of making an offer. I was thinking 5.0 too, but from these low-quality scans I think it could go 4.0 too - big swing. seller "guarantees" blue label - says it came from original owner. mm hm.

I'd be cautious about this seller. He has sold quite a few AF 15's all guaranteeing to be unrestored, but some have been auctioned off more than once. Possibly returned by a previous buyer? If he is so confident about his Af 15's to be unrestored, why doesn't he have em CGC'ed? He would be getting a higher sale price if it were in fact unrestored.

I'd be cautious about this seller. He has sold quite a few AF 15's all guaranteeing to be unrestored, but some have been auctioned off more than once. Possibly returned by a previous buyer? If he is so confident about his Af 15's to be unrestored, why doesn't he have em CGC'ed? He would be getting a higher sale price if it were in fact unrestored.

oh, it's all terribly shady. just having fun with it.

Yeah, I wouldn't touch it. There could be pages missing, coupons cut and color touch you can't tell from the photo. I thought the book was yours and you were looking for some preliminary grade. People don't usually come here and try to get away with claiming a book is unrestored when it is. If they do, they get run out on a rail! (tsk)

Yeah, I wouldn't touch it. There could be pages missing, coupons cut and color touch you can't tell from the photo. I thought the book was yours and you were looking for some preliminary grade. People don't usually come here and try to get away with claiming a book is unrestored when it is. If they do, they get run out on a rail! (tsk)

i would bet it comes back blue - betting it got cracked out at a certain grade and it's being priced and sold at a higher grade level for a few thousand gain

I saw that listing too. I tracked it, and saw that it was withdrawn before the end time. A different AF15 then appeared from this same seller. Looking at the bid history of the new AF 15 shows a couple "different" zero feedback bidders, making me suspect shilling.

I also saw a couple instances where he relisted books, including one where he originally claimed an AF 15 was an 8.0/8.5 unrestored (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120807697209+), and then it reappeared with him saying it was a 6.5 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120829546638).

That being said, his history shows positive feedback from two purchasers of AF 15s over the few 6 months.

Too many red flags for my taste.

I saw that listing too. I tracked it, and saw that it was withdrawn before the end time. A different AF15 then appeared from this same seller. Looking at the bid history of the new AF 15 shows a couple "different" zero feedback bidders, making me suspect shilling.

I also saw a couple instances where he relisted books, including one where he originally claimed an AF 15 was an 8.0/8.5 unrestored (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120807697209+), and then it reappeared with him saying it was a 6.5 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120829546638).

That being said, his history shows positive feedback from two purchasers of AF 15s over the few 6 months.

Too many red flags for my taste.

yes - boardies in another thread finally got through to me and convinced me to stay away. i was in a spidey delirium and lost my senses for a bit...

It's back (ebay item 120857558576) with two zero/low feedback bidders.

I get pounded frequently on this board...but saving me from myself (almost) makes it all worth it! :makepoint::banana:

I don't believe anyone wants to "pound you", but rather not see a fellow collector throw away good money on a book that may be misrepresented. 2c

It's back (ebay item 120857558576) with two zero/low feedback bidders.

I get pounded frequently on this board...but saving me from myself (almost) makes it all worth it! :makepoint::banana:

I don't believe anyone wants to "pound you", but rather not see a fellow collector throw away good money on a book that may be misrepresented. 2c

I think he is referring to the time he asked where the AF15 thread was and got ridiculed. (shrug)

Bump so people don't get lost looking for this thread.

Does this thread have any significance in the history of comics? (shrug)lol

It was my understanding that this thread is THE most important thread in the history of not just comics but the whole universe.