• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Tears on the back cover look pretty big and it sure wont hold its 5.0 if removed. I'd imagine 4.0/4.5 at best if the seals can be removed.

That is weird, someone is bidding it up close to what it might end up being worth as a blue label. That's a big gamble for that too high of a price.

Tears on the back cover look pretty big and it sure wont hold its 5.0 if removed. I'd imagine 4.0/4.5 at best if the seals can be removed.

That is weird, someone is bidding it up close to what it might end up being worth as a blue label. That's a big gamble for that too high of a price.

6,500 isn't bad if the seals come off and its a blue after that at a 4.0/4.5. Front looks clean and no MC. I wonder if its archival tape or some sort of adhesive on the back. I'm not sure what is slight(a) or slight(p) when it comes to tear seals.

I think we have to remember the popularity side, too, in terms of projections. Spider-man is the Superman of this generation. I'm a DC guy, and i even know that unless Superman becomes relevant really quickly, his fans may only exist in the comic world.

Spider-man's popularity will only increase as current fans get older, make more money, etc.

but who is the Spider-man of the next generation?

Seems like Spidey has been the hero for this generation much longer than Superman`s run. if you think about it Spider-man did come out 50 years ago to Superman`s 72 years ago. So in the 72 years run of Superman we find that Spider-man eventually caught and passed Superman,but in Spider-man`s 50 years run nobody,except maybe the Walking Dead could be called the Spider-man of this generation. hm

I think we have to remember the popularity side, too, in terms of projections. Spider-man is the Superman of this generation. I'm a DC guy, and i even know that unless Superman becomes relevant really quickly, his fans may only exist in the comic world.

Spider-man's popularity will only increase as current fans get older, make more money, etc.

but who is the Spider-man of the next generation?

Seems like Spidey has been the hero for this generation much longer than Superman`s run. if you think about it Spider-man did come out 50 years ago to Superman`s 72 years ago. So in the 72 years run of Superman we find that Spider-man eventually caught and passed Superman,but in Spider-man`s 50 years run nobody,except maybe the Walking Dead could be called the Spider-man of this generation. hm

It could be argued that Batman surpassed Superman a long time before Spidey did, and I would say it has probably been the number one comic related franchise for a while now.

I would also put Wolverine ahead of the Walking Dead right now due to his longer staying power, but if the WD franchise is around 20 years from now I might see things differently.

We really don't know if Superheroes will be the rage in 20 years. Certainly Westerns died in the 70s and Horror (Zombies/Vampires) have made a big comeback in the last 10 years. So who knows what will be the in thing. Whatever it is it will have to have a huge digital component.