• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

hey Dec is there a story to the book ?

somewhere there is a uk copy trhat my dad owned from when it was released. he sold it in 1980 but i think it would have indentation at the top from a clothes peg as this is how it was when he bought it

neil

somewhere there is a uk copy trhat my dad owned from when it was released. he sold it in 1980 but i think it would have indentation at the top from a clothes peg as this is how it was when he bought it

neil

Hi, glad you like my baby.

I started reading comics when i was a kid in the 70's and always loved Spiderman.Later I did the wife,mortgage and kid thing and then in the late 90's decided to go after the cool comics i had only read in the reprints.I can only afford low grade keys but I have a nice little collection. I would love some golden age keys but id have to sell the house or the kid :grin: I saw a couple of cgc'd wraps from Action 1 auctioned off a couple of month ago and I was green with envy.

I bought my AF15 for £300 about ten years ago from a dealer at a local comic mart.I paid in instalments every time he was in my area.

Heres some more of my keys.Sorry for going of topic slightly

Comics1.jpg

neil

I started reading comics when i was a kid in the 70's and always loved Spiderman.Later I did the wife,mortgage and kid thing and then in the late 90's decided to go after the cool comics i had only read in the reprints.I can only afford low grade keys but I have a nice little collection. I would love some golden age keys but id have to sell the house or the kid :grin: I saw a couple of cgc'd wraps from Action 1 auctioned off a couple of month ago and I was green with envy.

I bought my AF15 for £300 about ten years ago from a dealer at a local comic mart.I paid in instalments every time he was in my area.

Comics1.jpg

:whatthe:

Yikes! This is a beautiful 7.0! Wonder what that orange mark is near the center of the spine...

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?id=777188

I saw that too... It looks kind of like a rust stain to me, but it's not in the right spot for a staple. Maybe transfer from a book stacked on top of it at some point?

neil

Comics1.jpg

:whatthe:

WOW! Cool books! :headbang:

"The colors are as deep and bright as we have ever seen for an example of this issue, and just a few minor bends and nicks, some of which do not even break color, keep this strictly graded 8.5 from a higher grade."

:gossip: pressing/resub candidate?!?

...and as nice of a gray-toned & dark sienna "UN-scuffed" background that you will ever see on an AF15...no chit man!

For this book, you mortgage the 'ole homestead and live in the EC Chevy!!!

sorry to noob things up, but what does the term "Pence copy" mean?

It means pretty much the exact same copy only instead of a 12-c (12-cents) price mark (circle) on the cover it has a 9d or 9-pence price mark on the cover...it is a British copy...

Heres my copy, I know its a pence and I know its got scribble on the front and I know its a 1.0 at best,,,, but it complete and its mine.I intend to upgrade when I win the lottery or sell my screenplay!

AF152.jpg

(worship) (worship) (worship)

wow a pence copy. my fave book in9d. if you do upgrade i'll buy this one from you in time payments for the rest of my life. again wow. (worship)

who wrote CG on the cover....

Hello Comicgrinder.

When I got this AF15 I was told by the dealer that the biro swirl on the cover was a distribution mark.I never noticed that it looks like a "CG" maybe I ought to ad another "C" then I could advertise it as a "CGC" copy :devil: