• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

lol, one time I bought a 7.5 Hulk 1 off ebay for $12K or so (slamming good deal!)

Before sending the money, I asked the seller (0 feedback) to send me a picture of him holding the book - or atleast someone holding the book with a piece of paper and today's date, etc....in case he wanted to remain anonymous.

What do i get back?! (and I you not!) - I get a picture of a hand on top of the image he sent me - you can literally see it's a person holding a piece of paper with an image on it

OMG :insane:

This AF15 looks to be a total scam.....but, you never know, let's see what additional info the guy posts. He does have a couple hundred feedback...did anyone check to see if he's sold or bought and if any expensive items (meaning protecting his ebay userid would be important to him)

JD

Have 200+ feedback may add him some credibility for folks who don't know. Unless he can prove the book is actually his and not someone's scan. Also, one negative or shutting down his user ID, is well worth it for this possible lump of sum for this seller.

If all of us are staying away and it turns out to be genuine, someone could get a real bargain. doh!

If you takes yer chance and bid and its a scam. doh!

Damn, talk about no win situation. :frustrated:

If this seller was for real he would have great close up scans by now.

Dont be fooled. (tsk)

I love the line "I was told to mention the pages are white I don't know if it means anything", he's selling potentially a $20k book and he doesn't know the importance of the PQ designation other than to state it. Any person with half a brain who really had this book would have researched these facts and provided detailed photos. If it is legit, my congrats go out to a buyer brave enough to bid regardless of all the red flags. That's a BIG if though.

I love the line "I was told to mention the pages are white I don't know if it means anything", he's selling potentially a $20k book and he doesn't know the importance of the PQ designation other than to state it. Any person with half a brain who really had this book would have researched these facts and provided detailed photos. If it is legit, my congrats go out to a buyer brave enough to bid regardless of all the red flags. That's a BIG if though.

Told by the scan. :insane:

AF #15 seems to be far and away the book with the most scam attempts on eBay. With a board like this though always on the lookout, I can't see these scams ever succeeding.

Yeah, the Boards is a 2nd 1st home for many of us! lol

Anyone see this yet?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-3-0-GD-VG-Universal-No-Reserve-/290716294870?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item43b00a9ed6

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-3-0-GD-VG-Universal-/200761539813?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ebe51fce5

One would think it would be better not to steal a pic of one with a black x on it thats been on the market forever. Gotta love the sell though.. flaggthis2012.. at least they have a sense of humor.

Anyone see this yet?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-3-0-GD-VG-Universal-No-Reserve-/290716294870?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item43b00a9ed6

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-3-0-GD-VG-Universal-/200761539813?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ebe51fce5

One would think it would be better not to steal a pic of one with a black x on it thats been on the market forever. Gotta love the sell though.. flaggthis2012.. at least they have a sense of humor.

Priced to move. :facepalm: