• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

AF #15 seems to be far and away the book with the most scam attempts on eBay. With a board like this though always on the lookout, I can't see these scams ever succeeding.

Yeah, the Boards is a 2nd 1st home for many of us! lol

lol So peewee22...how many 7.5+ WP's AF15 are out there.

I love the line "I was told to mention the pages are white I don't know if it means anything", he's selling potentially a $20k book and he doesn't know the importance of the PQ designation other than to state it. Any person with half a brain who really had this book would have researched these facts and provided detailed photos. If it is legit, my congrats go out to a buyer brave enough to bid regardless of all the red flags. That's a BIG if though.

Told by the scan. :insane:

A regular "son-of-scam" he is ;)

I love the line "I was told to mention the pages are white I don't know if it means anything", he's selling potentially a $20k book and he doesn't know the importance of the PQ designation other than to state it. Any person with half a brain who really had this book would have researched these facts and provided detailed photos. If it is legit, my congrats go out to a buyer brave enough to bid regardless of all the red flags. That's a BIG if though.

Told by the scan. :insane:

A regular "son-of-scam" he is ;)

Two in a few days. doh!:hi:

If all of us are staying away and it turns out to be genuine, someone could get a real bargain. doh!

If you takes yer chance and bid and its a scam. doh!

Damn, talk about no win situation. :frustrated:

If this seller was for real he would have great close up scans by now.

Dont be fooled. (tsk)

A bargain it is. The same book was sold on Heritage for $52K.

Do you guys know there's a parallel thread discussing this book?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=5700701&Searchpage=1&Main=258925&Words=+Sal&topic=0&Search=true#Post5700701

AF #15 seems to be far and away the book with the most scam attempts on eBay. With a board like this though always on the lookout, I can't see these scams ever succeeding.

Yeah, the Boards is a 2nd 1st home for many of us! lol

lol So peewee22...how many 7.5+ WP's AF15 are out there.

I'm pretty sure yours is the only 7.5 out there with WPs. (thumbs u

It's a scam. The same seller has pulled the same trick with a Batman #1 and/or a Hulk #1 on eBay. He then claims he has to take off for Europe for a month and can't deliver the book until sometime later, in actual fact after the Paypal/eBay buyer protection period is over. Trust me, this is a scam.

Here is a closer scan of the 7.5 on ebay compared to my old copy on HA's archives (Rich's 7.5 copy). I believe we have a match!

Wow, good find ^^

Look at the other thread I pointed out for more details.

Yeah, I see it now. Should have read more of the posts. Anyway, let the bid retractions begin on ebay.

Thanks for clarifying. (thumbs u

Hey I hate to be a pain, but can anyone tell me GPA on a AF15 2.5 OW/W. I know its annoying when people ask, and honestly I truthfully had it for a few years, and within the last 4 months or so I got rid of it (didnt use it and havent been buying enough to justify it) Or if anyone knows the rough value market wise, Im thinking about selling it

Thanks Matt

If all of us are staying away and it turns out to be genuine, someone could get a real bargain. doh!

If you takes yer chance and bid and its a scam. doh!

Damn, talk about no win situation. :frustrated:

If this seller was for real he would have great close up scans by now.

Dont be fooled. (tsk)

A bargain it is. The same book was sold on Heritage for $52K.

Do you guys know there's a parallel thread discussing this book?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=5700701&Searchpage=1&Main=258925&Words=+Sal&topic=0&Search=true#Post5700701

Bingo! Thanks.

Here is a closer scan of the 7.5 on ebay compared to my old copy on HA's archives (Rich's 7.5 copy). I believe we have a match!

Wow, good find ^^

Brannon knows his AF15's. ^^

So, he's trying to pass this off as legit with all of those "UFO's" flying around in the background? Not to mention that faucet looking thing the baddy is trying to turn! (shrug)