• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Like everyone else has said, great story and thanks for sharing PeeWee! :applause: How did you find out the story behind your AF 15? It makes your copy even more special!

It was in the HA write up of the "Ed Sarley" collection last August. I had a local print shop develop me a customized doc to accompany the AF15 (forever). My idea, with the original words and scan (on sturdy thick paper with a yellow border). Here it is and a close up of the words:

:applause:

Like everyone else has said, great story and thanks for sharing PeeWee! :applause: How did you find out the story behind your AF 15? It makes your copy even more special!

It was in the HA write up of the "Ed Sarley" collection last August. I had a local print shop develop me a customized doc to accompany the AF15 (forever). My idea, with the original words and scan (on sturdy thick paper with a yellow border). Here it is and a close up of the words:

Amazing provenance of the book! Maybe I should ask Sparkle if they can do a write-up like that as well for my copy hm

Amazing provenance of the book! Maybe I should ask Sparkle if they can do a write-up like that as well for my copy hm

Good idea DK. Any accompanying doc keeps the history alive on the book. If I recall, your book has an OO story. :idea:

Wow, that is so cool there Brannon. :headbang: The colors of this Ed Sarley A15 is very different than other AF15's out there. The information you provided about the OO, makes the books in that collection unique and special. Not to mention some of the books are really sharp and rich in colors.

Good idea DK. Any accompanying doc keeps the history alive on the book. If I recall, your book has an OO story. :idea:

Yes it is (thumbs u I've already sent an email to Sparkle City and asked if they had any accompanying pictures when they first laid eyes on the collection and if they have a little write-up history on the OO.

Sadly, mine came back restored (married page). :( If anyone is looking to downgrade to raise some cash, let me know! I want a complete unrestored if possible.

cf3a2ef9.jpg

Still a nice looking copy. What is a 1.0 restored worth/sell for? One day I MIGHT be able to afford a similar copy.

Sadly, mine came back restored (married page). :( If anyone is looking to downgrade to raise some cash, let me know! I want a complete unrestored if possible.

cf3a2ef9.jpg

Still a nice looking copy. What is a 1.0 restored worth/sell for? One day I MIGHT be able to afford a similar copy.

GPA has the last sale at 1500$ back in 2008. A 1.8 sold for 1900$ in Feb 2012 so I would think its got to be somewhere in that ball park.

Crazy how prices have soared.. I remember buying my first af 15 Cgc 5.0 back in 2005 I believe for $2500 unrestored.
My first copy was a fair back in 1994 for $300 :insane: Had a 5' vertical tear across the middle front cover and a hole through the fc

I noticed this on page 2 of this thread posted about four years ago!!

Acquired last year from Brent. I'm not a big spidey fan, but, he had it for sale and my son thought it would be cool. I got it signed this year. Not sure how much longer I'll keep it. But, for now, here you go...

61613-AF15.jpg

it belongs to me now... :cloud9: like everything else, only time will tell as to where it will be in the future....

AmazingFantasy15cgc30owwsigseries-2.jpg

I noticed this on page 2 of this thread posted about four years ago!!
Acquired last year from Brent. I'm not a big spidey fan, but, he had it for sale and my son thought it would be cool. I got it signed this year. Not sure how much longer I'll keep it. But, for now, here you go...

61613-AF15.jpg

it belongs to me now... :cloud9: like everything else, only time will tell as to where it will be in the future....

AmazingFantasy15cgc30owwsigseries-2.jpg

very sharp 3.0 (thumbs u

at the time i sold my former 5.5, i was extremely happy with what i got for it. anyways 4.5---->5.5-------->6.0----->???

1-39.jpg

lf-3.jpg

AP1097488008.jpg

same book but in 3 different cgc holders

Looks like the 4.5 on cl auction might eventually become a 6.0??? It's already above 12k

I've been following that 4.5 on Clink I don't know if that one will press out any better, lots of color breaking creases, but I am damn glad its at 12k. I bought a 4.5 a while back and there has been no GPA data or sales I have seen all year. My fear was it would only go $9800 which was the ballpark I paid.

I've been following that 4.5 on Clink I don't know if that one will press out any better, lots of color breaking creases, but I am damn glad its at 12k. I bought a 4.5 a while back and there has been no GPA data or sales I have seen all year. My fear was it would only go $9800 which was the ballpark I paid.

+1 for me, but I paid considerably less for my 4.5 two years ago and mine has OW-W pages. :banana:

I'm still a little shocked to see it at $12,000 with time left.