• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

On C-link a 4.5 sold for $12k+ :o

squink

What about ones with MC, the prices on those are like 40% lower than non MC issues. It's just nuts to me that people feel they need that much eye appeal. I know it's an AF15 and all, but to me that's paying an additional 4K (or more!) for a few tinges of paper :screwy:

Then there was this one on feebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item2a1f34e643&item=180912186947&nma=true&pt=US_Comic_Books&rt=nc&si=vkAyMurS%252B8h9993FpnGwK5HJ0M4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

More bang for your buck by far.

Jerome

On C-link a 4.5 sold for $12k+ :o

squink

What about ones with MC, the prices on those are like 40% lower than non MC issues. It's just nuts to me that people feel they need that much eye appeal. I know it's an AF15 and all, but to me that's paying an additional 4K (or more!) for a few tinges of paper :screwy:

Then there was this one on feebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item2a1f34e643&item=180912186947&nma=true&pt=US_Comic_Books&rt=nc&si=vkAyMurS%252B8h9993FpnGwK5HJ0M4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

More bang for your buck by far.

Jerome

I would be surprised if this was a legit sale. I ran into something similar this morning that I was going to post in CG about when I got home from the office tonight. I saw an ASM #14 in 9.2 on eBay ( Link ). Book was a couple thousand under GPA and looked super nice with WP. Buyer had 100+ feedback with 100% score. I went to hit the BIN on it and was passed to the "seller requires" immediate payment page. I figured I'd complete it then once I got to the office, but decided to send the seller a note and ask how long he had the book. Before I got to the office, he replied with the following.

My apologies but this is not an item that I have. Either someone has hacked my account or there is a major glitch with eBay. This is the second item that has come up under my account that I have had nothing to do with. I am canceling the auction. Hopefully who ever actually has this comic will figure out what happened and relist.

Once I got into the office, I took a second look at the seller. The guy is all over the internet, using the same id in multiple old car and vintage forums. Didn't strike me as someone that was not legit. However, nothing to do with comics. Also, he didn't show a single sale of comics (much like the AF 15 seller). I figure the guy is legit and someone hacked his account, re-routed his PayPal and was looking to scam a quick buck.

Buyer beware; if it looks too good, it probably is...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item2a1f34e643&item=180912186947&nma=true&pt=US_Comic_Books&rt=nc&si=L2z4NB7JK1r0IK8T7TnKidZgnpw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

hm i wonder if someone did an immediate payment on this listing b/c that's an old pic of a 5.0 from a board member a few years back before it became a 5.5 hm

I had a similar experience where someone hacked my eBay account while I was at work and was using to sell automobiles. I was not pleased by that one.

This weekend I will post some pics and see what you guys think of my 3.5. I want to know if it is worth gambling a chance on a higher grade if I resubmit it.

I find it amazing a book like this is even in the same category as other 4.0's that just sold hm

Granted, the price reflects MC and resulting lack of eye appeal, but on GPA it looks like all the other 4.0's that recently sold for a lot more.

Definitely an area here GPA doesn't tell you the full story.

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=121226&lotNo=13025#Photo

There are seven AF 15's selling on HA next month, is anyone looking at those? One is selling in each of the next weekly auctions, a 5.0 and a 4.5, COW copies.

The other five will all be in the live auction in the last week of July. That's a bunch to sell at the same time, and the grades 5.0/5.5/6.0/7.5/7.5 are similar.

http://www.ha.com/common/search_results.php?Nty=1&Ntk=SI_Titles&N=0+793+794+791+792+2088&Ntt=amazing+fantasy+15&Ns=Time|1

3 7.5s in one short window and not all of them realize full value, in my humble opinion

:shrug:

Yeah, I have to agree. Whoever loses the first one gets the second one a little cheaper because the bigger fish got the first one and so on, conversely people don't bid as strong on the first one because there are two more coming. I'd be sweating if I was one of those three sellers...

May be time for you to take the plunge on one Roulette!

3 7.5s in one short window and not all of them realize full value, in my humble opinion

:shrug:

Yeah, I have to agree. Whoever loses the first one gets the second one a little cheaper because the bigger fish got the first one and so on, conversely people don't bid as strong on the first one because there are two more coming. I'd be sweating if I was one of those three sellers...

May be time for you to take the plunge on one Roulette!

Surely with this book, there is a simple solution? (shrug)

Put a reserve on it. If it doesn't meet your price, a coupla months down the line it probably will, and more.

Btw I'm hoping to join this club in the near future, low end of course :shy:

Hey Mysterio! Yeah, I'd really love a 7.0 - that's my destination grade for AF15......actually working on something right now!

By the way, I have a nice signature series cgc 4.5 with OW pages, in the FS forum, if anyone is looking for a solid mid-grade specimen!