• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I've mentioned this before, but my sob story goes like this: I once owned an AF #15, a pence copy, but sold it back in 1992 when I read in an Overstreet update that British copies would typically fetch 1/3 the U.S. value. I knew it was an obvious key at the time, yet I sold it for either $150 or $200. It was either a FR or PR/FR, but still....:doh: Man, I wish I still had it. :frown: I spent the money on booze and cannabis. And what do I have to show now? :sorry: That's a good lesson, kids: don't become a Joe 6-pack or reefer rugrat. There's no tellin' what you might do.

Don't fret too hard coudofwit...I sold two (2) count-em, two shoeboxes full of baseball cards 2 years out of high school 1975 for $25 bucks...we're talking 15+ years each of Mays/Mantle/Clemente/Koufax/Drysdale/Rose/every freakin hall-of-famer (except Rose of course) in there and if I didn't spend it on weed it was most likely on Wheatberry/Swisscheese/mustard sandwiches... :insane::frustrated::o

I've mentioned this before, but my sob story goes like this: I once owned an AF #15, a pence copy, but sold it back in 1992 when I read in an Overstreet update that British copies would typically fetch 1/3 the U.S. value. I knew it was an obvious key at the time, yet I sold it for either $150 or $200. It was either a FR or PR/FR, but still....:doh: Man, I wish I still had it. :frown: I spent the money on booze and cannabis. And what do I have to show now? :sorry: That's a good lesson, kids: don't become a Joe 6-pack or reefer rugrat. There's no tellin' what you might do.

:roflmao: ......... :roflmao: ............................................................... :(:(

C'mon, I need some moral support, fella. Gee whiz.

Acquired last year from Brent. I'm not a big spidey fan, but, he had it for sale and my son thought it would be cool. I got it signed this year. Not sure how much longer I'll keep it. But, for now, here you go...

It looks really good for a 3.0.

:roflmao: ......... :roflmao: ............................................................... :(:(

I'm truly sorry bro ! ..........Just don't believe everything you read ! .......

My condolences ......

Don't fret too hard coudofwit...I sold two (2) count-em, two shoeboxes full of baseball cards 2 years out of high school 1975 for $25 bucks...we're talking 15+ years each of Mays/Mantle/Clemente/Koufax/Drysdale/Rose/every freakin hall-of-famer (except Rose of course) in there and if I didn't spend it on weed it was most likely on Wheatberry/Swisscheese/mustard sandwiches... :insane::frustrated::o

Man, that is rough. Did you go for the wheatberry/swiss cheese/mustard sandwiches after you did the weed? :insane: What would you estimate those two shoeboxes were worth at the time?

I'm truly sorry bro ! ..........Just don't believe everything you read ! .......

My condolences ......

So like since you're saying sorry I shouldn't believe you because I shouldn't believe everything I read. Like you're sorry but you're really not. :kidaround:

My condolences ......

So like since you're saying sorry I shouldn't believe you because I shouldn't believe everything I read. Like you're sorry but you're really not. :kidaround:

Uhh ! , ..I think your reading a little bit too far into that . But to clarify : ....I never like to see anything negative happen to anyone , ..especially you . But it's not gonna keep me from giving you a hard time ! .............. :/................... :grin:

My condolences ......

Uhh ! , ..I think your reading a little bit too far into that . But to clarify : ....I never like to see anything negative happen to anyone , ..especially you . But it's not gonna keep me from giving you a hard time ! .............. :/................... :grin:

I got thicker skin than you think. Remember, I'm from Gainesville, Florida--alligator land. :baiting::gossip: Maybe that Dr. Doom wild card tomorrow night on the boards? Whaddya think?

Well I just recently joined the AF15 club a few days ago. I bought probaly one of the lowest AF15s on record but I'm happy I was able to pick up a cop :cloud9:.

The book is slabed an will either be placed in my CGC box or above my shop/office desk once it gets home.

AF15.jpg

I was very tempted to bid on this book last week. Might I ask how much your maximum was?

Well, lets just say I'm glad the auction never reached my max bid ;)

Who has a copy and in what grade?

When did you buy it?

Any interesting stories to share concerning the purchase or trade?

What do you store it in?

Pictures welcome.

This thread is inspired from the Amazing Spider-Man collecting thread. I thought I read somewhere that there were an estimate of about 2000 copies out there, but seems like there are more than that.

I got my copy in 1993, knowing at the time I would never again have the capitol to buy a copy (how true that realization became). My copy is a VG -. I keep it stored in a Silver Age Fortress. I have thought about getting it graded, but am reluctant sending it through the mail.

I like to know if thiers any data to find out how many copies of AF15 exist. 2000 seems low and of those 2000 how many are plods?

Who has a copy and in what grade?

When did you buy it?

Any interesting stories to share concerning the purchase or trade?

What do you store it in?

Pictures welcome.

This thread is inspired from the Amazing Spider-Man collecting thread. I thought I read somewhere that there were an estimate of about 2000 copies out there, but seems like there are more than that.

I got my copy in 1993, knowing at the time I would never again have the capitol to buy a copy (how true that realization became). My copy is a VG -. I keep it stored in a Silver Age Fortress. I have thought about getting it graded, but am reluctant sending it through the mail.

I like to know if thiers any data to find out how many copies of AF15 exist. 2000 seems low and of those 2000 how many are plods?

I seem to recall an Overstreet Guide in the early '90s referring to the 2,000 figure. I don't know if there's been a more recent estimate. But the CGC census, as of July 1, shows 1,051 slabbed copies of AF #15--with 350 of those being restored. Since CGC has been at it nearly a decade, that 2,000 in existence figure might not be too far off.

Here is my entry :)

227b_3.jpg

nice work done on that book! Very pretty!

I had a CGC 6.0 EP once upon a time. It was book i had restored from fair condition by matt wilson. i actually had matt wilson rebuild a trimmed book(from a bound volume) so that it had the appearance of no longer being trimmed. It took forever for him to complete but it came out looking pretty nice- he was really good with color touch!

for people wondering about a pence copy.

at the london collectors marketplace i saw a 3.5/4.0 raw AF #15 going for £1800, the guy said hed do it for £1500. thats like $3000

im going to wait till im wealthy and then get a nice copy of it.

im talking 7.0+