• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

This book is going to be tested in the next month. We have a bunch of legitimate copies out there that should bring down big numbers.

Heritage 9.2 Ep

Pedigree 9.2 Blue

Comic Link

Any estimates on these. Will Doug's copy crack 200K.

Add another 8.0 copy now up on CL for 85,000.

Well I picked up my AF 15 the other day. Here is a scan of the front cover. It isn't a high grade copy but I'm very happy to have it.

John

AF15FC.jpg[/img]

Congrats John!! :headbang:

Got to see this beauty in person and it is very nice! The gloss pops off the cover!! This scan still does not do it justice. Such a great book!!

what about if it were slabbed?

A lot more. I'm not sure what GPA would say because I don't have it, but based on the sales that I am keeping track:

around 4.5K for a 2.5

around 5.8K for a 3.0

A 2.0 sold for 3.6K on eBay on 12/5/2008 AF 15 2.0

A 3.0 sold on comiclink for 11/18/2008 for 5.8K

unfortunately I don't have a link to the comiclink auction.

You can check this and some other stuff out on my site: Comic-Share

I try to keep it as clean and up to date as possible but you'll see some wierd stuff in the price analysis for some issues. If you see a sale or price that doesn't make sense then let me know and I'll look into it.

From GPA, the 12 month average is about $3,200 for a CGC 2.5 and $4,000 for a CGC 3.0.

BTW, the highest 2.5 sold last year for $3,900 and the highest for a 3.0 was about $5,000.

That may be, but GPA does not include comiclink sales. I believe that this skews their numbers down in a lot of cases.

Where does Comic Share get its data?

Right now from eBay, Heritage and Comic-Link if I can get to it before it disappears. Most of the data comes from eBay though as that's the only one I pull from on a regular basis. I'm planning to get more data from other sources and try to work something out with comiclink. If anyone is intrested in working with me on this aspect of the site or has suggestions on data sources, I would love to hear from you, but this thread is really not the place to discuss it.

what about if it were slabbed?

A lot more. I'm not sure what GPA would say because I don't have it, but based on the sales that I am keeping track:

around 4.5K for a 2.5

around 5.8K for a 3.0

A 2.0 sold for 3.6K on eBay on 12/5/2008 AF 15 2.0

A 3.0 sold on comiclink for 11/18/2008 for 5.8K

unfortunately I don't have a link to the comiclink auction.

You can check this and some other stuff out on my site: Comic-Share

I try to keep it as clean and up to date as possible but you'll see some wierd stuff in the price analysis for some issues. If you see a sale or price that doesn't make sense then let me know and I'll look into it.

Thanks for the gpa, now I have to go and grab it before the asking price goes up....

Hey guys!

A few months ago some of you noticed that a drag queen was using my image of my AF15 on their eBay auction. Well, I just remembered about it today, so I went to see what was resolved. Here was the outcome:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=dancindragqueendiva&&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&iid=280296058597&sspagename=VIP:feedback:2:us

I sent the "winner" a message, apologizing about it:

"In regards to the AF 15 you had "won" from that drag queen a few months ago...That was my photo, of my AF15. I'm really sorry that happened to you. The seller stole my photo off of my Flickr photostream and used it for their eBay auction. I wish I could have contacted you before hand, however eBay doesn't show the winners for the auctions anymore. I hope it got resolved, and I sincerely hope you got your money back!

-Lauren"