• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

It's just the best cover, I recall thinking it looked odd without the word Amazing together with the name Spider-Man. Many later depictions of Spider-Man have looked weird, odd, or not quite right.

That first appearance on the first cover is perfect. It has the proper proportions, body muscle shapes, and nearly perfect colors, plus the cute webs some of us miss.

It is the one to rule them all. Action 1 is the mack daddy of books but what makes AF15 great is that is accessible to just about anyone who's willing to make the sacrifice. It might be a beater but you can get one for under 2K or thereabouts.

I think that ship has sailed. Perhaps a dog-eared 0.5 in or out of a slab possibly, just.

I don't think you could get a 1.0 in a slab for under 2 grand now. 2c

It is the one to rule them all. Action 1 is the mack daddy of books but what makes AF15 great is that is accessible to just about anyone who's willing to make the sacrifice. It might be a beater but you can get one for under 2K or thereabouts.

I think that ship has sailed. Perhaps a dog-eared 0.5 in or out of a slab possibly, just.

I don't think you could get a 1.0 in a slab for under 2 grand now. 2c

I don't think so either...while on my hunt a month ago I was offered a 1.0 for 3k, decided on my copy and it then sold to another boardie. Not sure if it was for 3k, but the seller was pretty firm on his price. I ended up with my 1.5 SS and couldn't be happier.

Is a Balloon going to be popping on these prices? Like the housing market? What do you think?

I bought my AF15 3.0 for $4020 just a little over a year ago.

I had a little extra cash so I bought a 2.5 a month later for $3600 (and thought I paid too much)

Now you can't touch a 3.0 for less than $6000 it seems.

I have another $5000 that I want to invest in an AF15 but it looks like all I can buy is a 2.0.

These prices! :ohnoez:

Is a Balloon going to be popping on these prices? Like the housing market? What do you think?

It'll be nothing like the housing market--they're not making any more AF15s so supply is static or decreasing, whereas demand should remain high for quite a long time. It's easy to think of land in the same way since the US's size is set, but in reality this country has a ton of underutilized land in the middle parts of the country, so when land prices get too high on the coasts, it's always an option to move someplace cheaper into rural areas or the middle states. We're hundreds of years away from being overpopulated like Japan, China, or India are...there will be more than adequate supply of land during all of our lifetimes.

I can't see a major devaluation, but prices will have to level out a bit at some point--it's inevitable, it can't keep increasing at the same rate it has for the last five years.

Today is the 4-year anniversary of this thread, a thread created by Spider-Variant. :headbang::whee: :whee: :headbang:

I see Spider-Variant sold his copy on the Boards yesterday, so a big congrats to him is in order. I trust he'll be back in the Club at some point down the line.

In honor of this thread he created--which is now at 600 pages (if you're at the 10 posts per page default :gossip:)--I'm hopefully going to post the results of a project I've been working on for months. :wishluck: The project is borne out of the very pages of this thread.

Okay, I'm getting started...

Have you ever typed words to the effect that you have an Amazing Fantasy #15? Posted pics or scans of your copy? Informed us of exiting the Club or re-entering the Club? Do you not (yet) have a copy and wonder about all the lunatics who frequent this thread?

I've trawled through every page of this thread (don't ask :insane:) and have recorded Boardies who either have (or had) copies of AF #15. I've put folks into categories (raw; CGC; color of label; grade).

This project WILL contain errors so please post any corrections/updates--that is, if you're willing. I figured since these were public posts, to gather everyone in one place might be an insane AF #15 party. It is, after all, the 50th birthday of our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man--and the 4th movie is currently in theaters to boot. Plus, this thread's 4th birthday was yesterday--and it's past 600 pages. It's time to party, ladies and gentlemen.

(I'll include the page # of this thread where the Boardie commented or posted about their AF #15...page #s should be accurate from your end if you have your settings at the default, i.e., 10 posts per page)

:gossip: Introducing the...Raw Copy Club (grades not revealed):

chromium (260)

ciorac (14)

CLChew676 (77)

Comcasthawk (16)

dgarthwaite (525)

dscott239, restored copy (552)

Fedoraman (1)

FlyingDonut (20)

Foolkiller (17)

FourthWorld (9)

ft88 (53)

ffcomics (30)

Hulkfan (452)

Illustrious (529)

Jacey (9)

jmg3637 (90)

joeypost (93)

joker-fish (21)

mikeyc67, 2 copies (152)

Moetown (411)

mt1000 (125)

pc1009 (477)

Poe (127)

red rocks (558)

rob-allan (96)

TC33 (530)

tfa1998 (155)

the collectron (1)

voorhees (332)

:applause:

If you no longer have your copy, lemme know!

:gossip: Introducing the...Raw Copy Club (grades revealed):

Straw-Man, 2 copies: VF- and a VG+ to VG-FN (84)

Burntboy (EffEffBee says it's a FN+ or FN/VF) (23)

oakman29 VG/FN (381)

fishbone VG+ (48)

marino1 VG+ (though he CGCed it as of July 2009...but no grade revealed) (94)

APT370 VG (91)

ivrimark GD/VG (44)

DetroitMike GD+ (23)

october GD (261)

KirbyJack FR to FR/GD (1)

dec FR, pence copy (54)

Comicopolis PR to FR (185)

tigers comics PR to FR (187)

asro462 PR (missing top half of front cover) (?)

cgriffith PR (missing top third of front cover) (547)

gadzukes PR (coverless) (607)

kolmaravenue PR (coverless & missing first 2 pgs.) (?)

longdillon1 PR (coverless) (599); I'm using my powers of deduction here (he's got a WTB thread and looking for a cover).

Shawn Low PR (coverless & signed by Stan Lee @ the '96 SDCC) (?)

spidrvacc PR (coverless & just the Spidey story; pages loose; recreation cover) (187)

If you don't have yours anymore, lemme know.

:gossip: Introducing the...Purple Label Club:

9.4 (CRM/OW)--Slight(P); trimmed; marvelcollector (305)

(Circle 8 Pedigree)

9.2 (CRM/OW)--Moderate(P); Max Carnage (37)

9.0 (OWW)--Moderate(P); cgcworld (1)

9.0 (OWW)--Moderate(P); FoomMember (285)

6.0 (OW)--Extensive(P); Count (6)

6.0 (OW)--Moderate(P)?; holyghost (409)

5.5 (?)--Extensive(P); Shark (51)

5.0 (OWW)--Extensive(P); married wrong cover/incomplete; dscott (572)

5.0 (CRM/OW)--Slight(A); trimmed; Kevin.J (554)

5.0 (CRM/OW)--Slight(P); MedicAR (65)

3.5 (?)--Moderate(A); tortoise (341)

3.0 (OW)--Extensive (P); hal (420)

3.0 (CRM/OW)--Moderate(A); trimmed spidey fan (411)

3.0 (?)--Moderate(P); -cryptkeeper- (6)

3.0 (?)--?; chromium (260)

1.5 (OW)--Slight(A) trimmed; ryanatlas (527)

1.0 (OWW)--Slight(A); married page; JesterSB (35/590)

TBA? EffEffBee (15)

Corrections? Edits? Lemme know.

:gossip: Introducing the...Purple/Yellow Label Club:

9.0 (OWW)--Slight(A); trimmed; Peter Loves Gwen (215)

7.5 (?)--Moderate(P) Max Carnage (via WTB trade thread, Mar. 2012...and for sale on the Boards in May 2012...did it sell?)

7.0 (?)--?; Stronguy (11)

6.5 (OW)--Slight(A); trimmed; Trey Cannon (90)

3.0 (OW)--Slight(P?); trory140 (602)

2.5 (CRM/OW)--Moderate(A); trimmed; XXXPHOENIX (294)

Updates? Lemme know.

:gossip: Introducing the...Blue/Yellow Label Club:

5.5 (OWW) HaydenTO (554)

5.0 (OWW) 1st-and-keys (276)

4.5 (OW) jump-ace (432)

4.5 (OW) roulette44 (597...though for sale via the Boards in July 2012)

3.5 (?) 1webslinger (375)

3.0 (OWW) comichut (592)

2.0 (?) jjfversion1 (via WTB trade thread in Mar. 2012)

1.8 (CRM/OW) Mac Man (43)

1.5 (OWW) JerseyComicBoy (581/588)

Comments? Corrections? Lemme know.