• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

He replied thanking me, and he did indeed receive a full refund of his money. I suggested he try comiclink.com if he was still in the market, and wished him the best. :)

Nicely played Lauren. I checked the outcome about a month after the sale of the "book" and saw that the seller had received negative feedback. I'm glad the buyer received his money back.

Just curious to c how the market is doing for this book. Can anyone provide GPA data in grades 4.0 - 5.0 unrestored please? I don't know if AF 15 is at its plateau or still climbing in price, but I would love to get a copy soon.

looks like ill be joining it too soon. got this on ebay for 4300 tonight....

664c_12.JPG

i hear it might be possible to get the tape professionally off...is this possible without damaging the book and without getting plod

what about if it were slabbed?

A lot more. I'm not sure what GPA would say because I don't have it, but based on the sales that I am keeping track:

around 4.5K for a 2.5

around 5.8K for a 3.0

A 2.0 sold for 3.6K on eBay on 12/5/2008 AF 15 2.0

A 3.0 sold on comiclink for 11/18/2008 for 5.8K

unfortunately I don't have a link to the comiclink auction.

You can check this and some other stuff out on my site: Comic-Share

I try to keep it as clean and up to date as possible but you'll see some wierd stuff in the price analysis for some issues. If you see a sale or price that doesn't make sense then let me know and I'll look into it.

Well... looks like our most recent club member must have gotten a discount "ticket" ;)

664c_12.JPG

i hear it might be possible to get the tape professionally off...is this possible without damaging the book and without getting plod

Congrats!

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that you should be able to get it removed professionally. If it reveals any sort of a split, or detached cover, that might decrease the grade a bit. Also, if you do remove it, CGC may still note "tape stain on cover", at least I think that I've seen such a note on slabs with the newer blue labels, so removing it, may still not result in a "notes free" label. Just my two cents; someone will probably correct me if I'm wrong.

Taking off tape can be veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery dicey, and considering it's a mega key in a blue label, I think most would recommend against it.

Take this from someone who owns an otherwise 5.5 FF1 in a CGC 4.5 blue label with two pieces of tape on the cover and has spoken with Matt Nelson about removal. The risk of getting a purple label back just isn't worth the risk.

Oh I wouldn't say that. This is a club one can never join too soon.

As to the tape, apparently tape is trickier to remove than I had been led to believe. I had someone try getting some off the cover of an otherwise very nice Avengers #1, and that ended disasterously.

I'd guess it depends on the type of tape used. Based very loosely on my amature eye, it looks like the kind that does not want to come off. That, compared to other types of tape that are practically falling off but leave a nasty stain.

Even if the tape did come off, I believe there'd still be a stain and that basically defeats the purpose.

Ed

yeah. i am thinking of getting it ss'd by stan lee though someday if get the opportunity. but speaking of deals, on comic connect auctions, another 3.5 unrestored went for 4200. had cream to off-white though.

yeah. i am thinking of getting it ss'd by stan lee though someday if get the opportunity. but speaking of deals, on comic connect auctions, another 3.5 unrestored went for 4200. had cream to off-white though.

1. Sooner than later is your best bet.

2. Contact Chander (aka DesertwindComics) here on the forum--he's often able to get private signings set up.

(thumbs u

nice copies. got a story to go with them?

Top on is (was) CGC2.5..cracked it....my first grail of any kind from eBay way back when AF#15's were affordable (I think I paid about 2K in early 2006)

Second was about a year later, Metro graded 4.5.....just looked pretty, and was guessing they would go thru the roof at some point....I think I paid just over 4K (early 2007)

I think I could make a tidy profit right now if I were to throw them into an auction, but I will never sell them..........probably....