Amazing Fantasy #15 Club
9 9

7,733 posts in this topic

I'm going to say the book will go for one fifty (150k).

I know I know, no one will believe me. :screwy:

You never know or soon enough. The book did have a "buy it now" for 137.5K and the highest bid is for 106K before it was pulled to an auction. I recalled the last 9.0 sold for around 151K. This 8.5 is nice and does contain the awesome "WHITE" pager.

That 8.5 CLink copy looks like mine... :screwy: without restoration and a Stan Lee signature.

That is a great looking book.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch.asp%3FPreviewCode%3D2013feb%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dfantasy%2B15%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_961208&id=961208

Yup, it is obvious just looking at the area around the staples on the front cover scan provided, and the interior scan of front cover removes any doubt (with the bleed through that is visible)... I like how the seller points out "this book has not been restored by a professional" but fails to mention that it has amateur resto...

Yup, it is obvious just looking at the area around the staples on the front cover scan provided, and the interior scan of front cover removes any doubt (with the bleed through that is visible)... I like how the seller points out "this book has not been restored by a professional" but fails to mention that it has amateur resto...
deception...what a shame...

That's awesome. You guys are great detectives. I'm learning. I will hopefully be up on this prestigious club soon. Thanks.

-Dan

In...barely...Purple 1.0. But at least it has an interesting provenance. As far as restoration, any opinions on Susan vs. Matt? I hear great things about both. AF15small.jpg

I think that your copy is awesome. :headbang:

In...barely...Purple 1.0. But at least it has an interesting provenance. As far as restoration, any opinions on Susan vs. Matt? I hear great things about both. AF15small.jpg

Looks like Harlan gave that one a good read multiple times. :D

And fought over it with his brother at least once... lol

Looks like he rolled it up and beat people, swatted flies, used it as a coaster...

I like this part...THIS BOOK HAS NOT BEEN RESTORED BY A PROFESSIONAL RESTORER.

I guess it was restored by a novice then.

Edited by krighton

He forgot to mention the red ink bottle that someone spilled on the spine of the book.

I have been out of the Amazing Fantasy #15 Club for almost 3 years.

Ever since, I have watched the AF #15 market - often times envious.

The prices continued to climb higher and higher to the point in which the book began to pull out of the stratosphere of my collecting budget. So I decided that when/if a copy were to be made available within my price-range, I was going to make a move for it.

Offered for auction was a CGC-certfied, Slight (A) restored copy with brittle pages and a missing centerfold. It graded out a .5 due to those factors.

But even with a faded cover, it presents much nicer than a .5 copy.

MyAF15_1_zps816d41e4.jpg

Finally...I'm back in the club. :cloud9: