Amazing Fantasy #15 Club
9 9

7,733 posts in this topic

Hello All! I am new to the forum! I have collected off and on throughout childhood, and am primarily a coin collector....but I wanted to buy an "affordable" example of the key comic book and sportscard that I always wanted since childhood, since I am going through a bit of a nostalgic phase. After doing some research on current auction values, I settled on this example. Well creased and worn spine, but with no chipping, restoration, major tears or missing chunks. I am very pleased to have this holy grail in with my other collectables regardless of whether it goes up or down in value. I hope to pass it down to my children someday. The rest of my collection is nothing compared to this, and I dont know if I will get back into seriously collecting someday...but you never know...owning this is quite the treat. :grin:

Ebay BIN, $4739 out of pocket shipped.

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

Hello All! I am new to the forum! I have collected off and on throughout childhood, and am primarily a coin collector....but I wanted to buy an "affordable" example of the key comic book and sportscard that I always wanted since childhood, since I am going through a bit of a nostalgic phase. After doing some research on current auction values, I settled on this example. Well creased and worn spine, but with no chipping, restoration, major tears or missing chunks. I am very pleased to have this holy grail in with my other collectables regardless of whether it goes up or down in value. I hope to pass it down to my children someday. The rest of my collection is nothing compared to this, and I dont know if I will get back into seriously collecting someday...but you never know...owning this is quite the treat. :grin:

IMG_1199.jpg

Awesome first post! :applause:

Hey all, well after 20+ yrs of buying/selling/collecting and even writing a comic, cujo's *grail* has been found!!

I know she's not the prettiest. Picked it up today tho, came walking through my buddy's comic shop here in town. I'm going to press it, and have it cgc'd. The back cover's nice n' clean tho, and I'm guessing 2.0-3.0 range. 2.5-3.0 most likely after the press. Anyways thanks for letting me share this.

scan0001-16.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

Congrats Johnny

Hey all, well after 20+ yrs of buying/selling/collecting and even writing a comic, cujo's *grail* has been found!!

I know she's not the prettiest. Picked it up today tho, came walking through my buddy's comic shop here in town. I'm going to press it, and have it cgc'd. The back cover's nice n' clean tho, and I'm guessing 2.0-3.0 range. 2.5-3.0 most likely after the press. Anyways thanks for letting me share this.

scan0001-16.jpg

Congrats :banana:

Thank you all, appreciate the kind words. Yeah Johnny, I was looking at yours for awhile, they do look similar.

Thank you all, appreciate the kind words. Yeah Johnny, I was looking at yours for awhile, they do look similar.

CONGRATS Nick! ^^ Happy for you! :headbang:

CONGRATS Nick! ^^ Happy for you! :headbang:

Thank you!!!!

Thank you guys for all the welcomes and comments!! I have probably spent nearly an hour per day just staring at the book the last couple of days. I had never spent over $100 on a comic until now, so even though I did my research, I am still surprised at myself. Very happy indeed though, even if my wife thinks I'm nuts. I am considering adding an X-men #1 or TOS #39 one of these days...shhhh(I told her I was just going to buy 1 book) ;-)

Good to hear there is another coincollector R2hammer!