• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Pardon if this has been posted on the boards. A scene from a 1962 Naked City episode with Burgess Meredith (his back is showing).

Note the 2 books in the background. Those clothes hanger marks probably cost those books many dollars. Ouch! :cry:

I wonder what Rod Serling who have thought about those comic books being worth loads of money?

That truly was a Twilight Zone moment.

Pardon if this has been posted on the boards. A scene from a 1962 Naked City episode with Burgess Meredith (his back is showing).

Note the 2 books in the background. Those clothes hanger marks probably cost those books many dollars. Ouch! :cry:

I love pictures like this :cloud9: thanks for sharing

I love that!

hey guys, just curious if any of you saw the GPA for AF 15 recently? Just curious what happened in regards to a sale for a 5.5 unrestored?? Average for the year was $13,232 and the sale in April was only $8000. Any thoughts? I can't find the sale on ebay nor clink.

( 5.5 ) (3) $12,832 (5) $14,279 (6) $13,232 (1) $8,000 $8,000 Apr-2013

hey guys, just curious if any of you saw the GPA for AF 15 recently? Just curious what happened in regards to a sale for a 5.5 unrestored?? Average for the year was $13,232 and the sale in April was only $8000. Any thoughts? I can't find the sale on ebay nor clink.

Has to be a mistake

You won't find it on CLink even if it sold there as GPA does not include CLink sales... That said, I don't recall seeing it sell on eBay or anywhere else...

You won't find it on CLink even if it sold there as GPA does not include CLink sales... That said, I don't recall seeing it sell on eBay or anywhere else...

I thought George had worked it out with Josh to include Clink sales years ago?? In any event, I cannot find this sale, so I may email George directly and see where it came from.

If the sky is falling on this book, Rick will you sell me a 5.5 unrestored for $8000? :baiting:

hm I thought I saw a CGC 5.5 copy sold for that much not too long ago on ebay.. It was from a seller though who has never sold any comics and had about 12 pictures of the book sitting on top of carpet. Sold in a few seconds and only had about 8 views before the buy it now was hit.

hm I thought I saw a CGC 5.5 copy sold for that much not too long ago on ebay.. It was from a seller though who has never sold any comics and had about 12 pictures of the book sitting on top of carpet. Sold in a few seconds and only had about 8 views before the buy it now was hit.

there is no ebay sale for this book...someone needs to pm george/gpa and get to the bottom of this because I have a hard time believing a 5.5 sold for 8K doh!

there is no ebay sale for this book...someone needs to pm george/gpa and get to the bottom of this because I have a hard time believing a 5.5 sold for 8K doh!

I truly think that it may have been one of those fraudulent sales or someone who didn't know the value of a 5.5, the latter being unlikely as anyone who owns a 4-5 figure book should know how much their stuff is worth. In any case, it was recorded because a probable sale may have happened. It's just one of those things that is an outlier and shouldn't be incorporated in FMV of a 5.5. But yes it should be reviewed by George.

I truly think that it may have been one of those fraudulent sales or someone who didn't know the value of a 5.5, the latter being unlikely as anyone who owns a 4-5 figure book should know how much their stuff is worth. In any case, it was recorded because a probable sale may have happened. It's just one of those things that is an outlier and shouldn't be incorporated in FMV of a 5.5. But yes it should be reviewed by George.

those pics were the ones i took myself. i sold that book and it later got pressed up to 6.0 and auctioned off by sparklecity. it was originally a 4.5 book that got bumped up to a 5.5 then its final 6.0. just do a search on past HA sales for 4.5's and you'll see it

What will it grade? Light creasing, chip lower right corner, and 3/4" SS. Sweet copy.
nice copy. 4.0 range maybe 4.5. Pages look oww at very least. Those stories after the Spidey origin are really fun reads :)

I love the story, "Man in the Mummy Case." The ending (pulling a pyramid block) is great.

And who can't love "The Bell Ringer". :cloud9:

And the story about the arachnid kid is cool, too.

What will it grade? Light creasing, chip lower right corner, and 3/4" SS. Sweet copy.
nice copy. 4.0 range maybe 4.5. Pages look oww at very least. Those stories after the Spidey origin are really fun reads :)

I love the story, "Man in the Mummy Case." The ending (pulling a pyramid block) is great.

And who can't love "The Bell Ringer". :cloud9:

And the story about the arachnid kid is cool, too.

lee and Ditko goodness---certainly the pre hero monsters from Atlas were still lingering into 1962...

Has light creasing as stated, and another chip on top FC. Spine split around an inch, which hurts bad. There is no MC or writing and OW/W PQ. The colors present very well, so I gotta give it a solid 5.5 IMO!