• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

The 7.5 did sell and it's one heck of a copy. I'd actually prefer it to the 8.0 that just sold on HA. The 8.0 had to many breaks on the spine and the tanning on the back cover. The 7.5 that sold on Quality has nice pq and seems like a brighter book. imo

I'd have to say Rich (showcase22gr1959) has a ultra nice 7.5 It has WPs, too. (thumbs u

Is it the same copy that sold on Clink years back for $28k?

Not sure about that. I purchased it for 43k and Rich purchased it after me.

Or the $29k might have been a 7.0 with white pages.. I remember the book on C-link as I thought about going strong after it.

The 7.5 did sell and it's one heck of a copy. I'd actually prefer it to the 8.0 that just sold on HA. The 8.0 had to many breaks on the spine and the tanning on the back cover. The 7.5 that sold on Quality has nice pq and seems like a brighter book. imo

I'd have to say Rich (showcase22gr1959) has a ultra nice 7.5 It has WPs, too. (thumbs u

Or the $29k might have been a 7.0 with white pages.. I remember the book on C-link as I thought about going strong after it.

Yes, I purchased that book. It was a 7.0 with white pages, I busted it open to enjoy it, and then resubbed it. CGC gave it OW/W. :(

I've learned my lesson about busting open nice paged books.

As I recall, I sold that book for 32k and made a little to put into Rich's 7.5.

Yes, I purchased that book. It was a 7.0 with white pages, I busted it open to enjoy it, and then resubbed it. CGC gave it OW/W. :(

This can go both ways, as I've resubbed an oww and it came back w... (shrug)

Ahh yes, so it was you who bought it. I knew it was a board member that used to own that book. One of the nicest 7.0's ive seen. But hey, at least you upgraded :applause:

I think Brent has more AF15s than GAtor. lol

I think Brent sold a 6.5,7.0,7.5,7.5 just this year alone. I think the Gator is unmatched. (shrug)

I'm not sure GAtor knows how many AF15s he has. (shrug)

lol

I believe I currently have 10 af15s. I believe i have sold about 20 copies in last year, including an 8.5 and a 7.5 but mostly 2.5-6.0 (thumbs u

Brent has been obtaining some wonderful books recently. Kudos to him!

Warning!

Don't bother purchasing this book. Page 9 is partially missing and the seller will not disclose it (I asked him twice to do this). I reported the item to ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-F-Great-Original-Owner-First-Spider-Man-Grail-of-Silver-Age-/181142764453?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a2cf33ba5

Warning!

Don't bother purchasing this book. Page 9 is partially missing and the seller will not disclose it (I asked him twice to do this). I reported the item to ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-F-Great-Original-Owner-First-Spider-Man-Grail-of-Silver-Age-/181142764453?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a2cf33ba5

Had a bad experience with that seller in the past :mad: I guess it still shows from his auctions

Warning!

Just curious how you know. Did you buy from him and then return it? hm

Warning!

Yep.

He's advertised it twice since on ebay without disclosing the missing page.

Warning!

Yep.

He's advertised it twice since on ebay without disclosing the missing page.

Ouch! Thanks for the head's up. (thumbs u

I've just started my search for a low grade (1.0-1.5) AF15. It almost seems that those are a little harder to find than low-to-mid-grades.

I've just started my search for a low grade (1.0-1.5) AF15. It almost seems that those are a little harder to find than low-to-mid-grades.

Here's one--and the auction starts on June 13:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DAmazing%2BFantasy%26x%3D9%26y%3D12%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F974804&id=974804

I know of one you won't be finding... :devil:

So far, that's my favorite 1.0 I've seen!

Here's one--and the auction starts on June 13:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DAmazing%2BFantasy%26x%3D9%26y%3D12%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F974804&id=974804

Thanks! I'll be watching that.