• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Glad I bought my 1.5SS when I did...the low grades, as mentioned, are close to out of reach for average collectors. This book seems to have no limit...has it ever lost value?

Agreed.... I am debating... one more...

I have the 1.8, 3.5 and the 6.0...

I was thinking of selling a few slabs to raise the capital of picking up a sharp 3.0

Glad I bought my 1.5SS when I did...the low grades, as mentioned, are close to out of reach for average collectors. This book seems to have no limit...has it ever lost value?

I was thinking of selling a few slabs to raise the capital of picking up a sharp 3.0

Ditto!

When I bought my sons 7.0, I wanted to buy a nice looking 4.0 for my self in the same auction. I had my max bid all figured out but it was sitting so low with a few minutes left, I lowered my max bid thinking it was mine. Of course, I JUST missed it to Bruno's brother. I could have had that 4.0 for like $5500. Now, less than 2 years later, it would cost me almost 10k to get a comparable copy and I'm pretty much priced out :cry:

Ditto!

When I bought my sons 7.0, I wanted to buy a nice looking 4.0 for my self in the same auction. I had my max bid all figured out but it was sitting so low with a few minutes left, I lowered my max bid thinking it was mine. Of course, I JUST missed it to Bruno's brother. I could have had that 4.0 for like $5500. Now, less than 2 years later, it would cost me almost 10k to get a comparable copy and I'm pretty much priced out :cry:

Heh.... I wonder what I could get for "The Buzzetta Collection"?

EDIT: On second thought... I am happy with the 6.0 and would rather upgrade some of the others over time. I keep putting off upgrading the ASM1... maybe in a few years.

This has to be a new record for a 1.5.

There's AF15, and then the rest of comics. :preach:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380659647338?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The high bidders on that item seem to have a very high percentage of bids for that seller unless I am misunderstanding how that works...

I have a very high percentage of bids for Sparklecity...

Sometimes that data means nothing.

Me, too, and I'm confident that SC doesn't shill their own auctions ... but they sell a lot of consigned books and whether consignors occasionally shill, who knows? Not saying that happened here, but the snipe is your friend. :D

Since blue label AF15's are skyrocketing at an exponential rate, is it worth investing in purple labels or will they not appreciate much? As well, what is a fair price for an off-white, apparent moderate, purple 3.0, with tear seals, pieces added, no color touch or dry cleaning? As well, is it worth getting it unrestored or SSed?

Not the $5000 grand your local comic shop is asking i saw it :screwy: too!!!

I thought they were very ambitious regarding the price, but are low grade restored copies worth the investment?

as blue label copies continue to soar, most folks will be priced out of the market (entry level is already $2000-$3000 a point) making PLOD copies desirable to those wanting eye appeal but not wanting/able to spend the big coin. If getting a PLOD copy, I'd limit to tear seals as the only work.

$2000-$3000, haven't seen any Blue copies go for that little???

I thought they were very ambitious regarding the price, but are low grade restored copies worth the investment?

as blue label copies continue to soar, most folks will be priced out of the market (entry level is already $2000-$3000 a point) making PLOD copies desirable to those wanting eye appeal but not wanting/able to spend the big coin. If getting a PLOD copy, I'd limit to tear seals as the only work.

1.0 blues selling for 3kish

1.0 blues selling for 3kish

I guess I am looking in the wrong place (eBay), I would definitely take the plunge for that price. I would prefer time payments, can you please lead me in the right direction (PM)? ;)

I would agree with the tear seals but would have no problem with cover reinforcement or any other reinforcement since you are looking at the basic same degree of intrusiveness.

Come to think of it... Cover cleaning would not bother me too much either if I had to choose. I went in that direction on a GA book I wanted.