Amazing Fantasy #15 Club
9 9

7,733 posts in this topic

To get back to the subject heading...

I keep forgetting to post this here - I picked this up back in the late 80s or early 90s, a big purchase at the time. Think I paid $300 or so. PGM folks seemed to settle around 2.5, I think it looks much nicer than that in person.

AF15001_zpsb68a2d51.jpg

For a minute there, it looked like the CGC 2.5 I had a couple years back. Here was my copy for comparison. Your copy looks very similar to mine. Congrats!

008-1.jpg

Nice 2.5! Gonna get it graded?

Doubtful - for me, the only reason to have something graded is if I wanted to sell it, and I'm never planning on selling this. I've told the kids that they probably should if they want to get rid of it when I'm gone.

I don't disagree with you at all. Good points. I thought initially it would be an easy upgrade, but you're correct in your posting. My earlier posts were about a different book and topic.

BTW...I like having a book with higher eye appeal then the label suggests. Especially when the flaws (tearing at the staple is mostly apparent on the back cover) are seen on the back cover. I collect coins as well and love when I score a beautiful obverse with a lower grade reverse. Gives me eye appeal and less wallet damage!

Scott

WOW 300- NICE COPY!

Those were the good old days! My first Af15 was 50 bucks when I was 12 in the mid 1980's.

It was coverless though. Had it until I upgraded to a 400- complete copy G/2.0 in around 1989. Your book is a bit nicer then my second copy was.

WISH WE HAD A TIME MACHINE. I'd probably hit June 1938

before August of 1962 though ;-)

No offense to the club

Have a good one,

Scott

WOW 300- NICE COPY!

Those were the good old days! My first Af15 was 50 bucks when I was 12 in the mid 1980's.

It was coverless though. Had it until I upgraded to a 400- complete copy G/2.0 in around 1989. Your book is a bit nicer then my second copy was.

Yeah, it was a pretty good deal - my LCS owner at the time was always running low on cash, and since he knew I was on the lookout for lower grade books at the right price, he called me up when he got this one. He had this with a couple other low-number Amazing Spider-Mans, think I paid $450 total. It was a lot for me to spend at once at the time, and my wife was on a business trip, so I called her to make sure it was okay. I think part of my argument was that Metropolis' buying price at the time was about that, so I could always get my money back.

And I'm with you on the June 1938 thing - if you check my posts you'll see I'm a big Superman fan...

I am hoping to upgrade this month. Will update when I seal the deal. :)

Edited by THB
A few more months and I will be back in the club.

Must be some kind of copy you are working on Joey. I'm already jealous

For me it's nice, for others a grail...and yet others and under copy.

Picked it up from a tall lean Texan.

Yao Ming is a comic collector?!!

(thumbs u

I'm excited for you, and I love me some tall lean Texans that sell AF 15s to buddies of mine

:)

(thumbs u

I'm excited for you, and I love me some tall lean Texans that sell AF 15s to buddies of mine

Here it is. I cannot tell you how much of a surprise it was opening the box up yesterday and getting this. Mr. Evans is a class act all the way and has restored some of my faith that there are genuinely good people out there.

af15001_zpsb66f89ac.jpg

(thumbs u

Here it is. I cannot tell you how much of a surprise it was opening the box up yesterday and getting this. Mr. Evans is a class act all the way and has restored some of my faith that there are genuinely good people out there.

af15001_zpsb66f89ac.jpg

Congrats Joey! :applause: You deserve it!