• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I would not pay more than 1400 for it. It sounds low to some but like Rick said , and we both agree, the 15s are coming down. People are not jumping all over them, so whoever is trying to get 6k for a 3.5-4.0 just will not happen any longer, unless there is a poor sucker out there who will pay it.

agreed...prices on af15's across all grades, (even 8.0 range) are falling and falling fast...stay true, be steady and be patient!

For now... :devil:

Honestly though... I wish I had the spare money to buy a few of these up right now with how the market is settling on them. That one listed on eBay for $2200 would have probably been snagged up for just under the asking price last winter. I suspect once we see the unemployment rates go back down and industry gets back on its feet, people won't be selling them as often for as low a price.

agreed...prices on af15's across all grades, (even 8.0 range) are falling and falling fast...stay true, be steady and be patient!

Honestly though... I wish I had the spare money to buy a few of these up right now with how the market is settling on them. That one listed on eBay for $2200 would have probably been snagged up for just under the asking price last winter. I suspect once we see the unemployment rates go back down and industry gets back on its feet, people won't be selling them as often for as low a price.

Who knows ,but the prices have reached the max at this point. I would not pay 5 and 6k for a 3.5 to 4.0 AF 15, and most people who truly know the value wont either at this point.

No.. not for a while they won't. I'm genuinely curious to see where they will be 5-10 years from now though... hm
smart money is higher than today, but is it "smart" money to buy hm

Up to a 4.0 I would suggest a good buying price today (and at least for the rest of the year) to be roughly the grade X 1000% to 1100%%

So

$2000 - $2200 for a 2.0

$3000 - $3300 for a 3.0

$3500 - $3850 for a 3.5

Prices are getting back down to that level, yes there will be exceptions on both fronts, and some books will get a premium (no Marvel chipping, WP etc..)

But I believe this is a realistic value for now.

Book will increase in value over the next 5 - 10 years, but I don't expect the exponential rise we've seen the last 18 months where the book surged to prices which normally take a decade. 2c

Up to a 4.0 I would suggest a good buying price today (and at least for the rest of the year) to be roughly the grade X 1000% to 1100%%

So

$2000 - $2200 for a 2.0

$3000 - $3300 for a 3.0

$3500 - $3850 for a 3.5

Prices are getting back down to that level, yes there will be exceptions on both fronts, and some books will get a premium (no Marvel chipping, WP etc..)

Book will increase in value over the next 5 - 10 years, but I don't expect the exponential rise we've seen the last 18 months where the book surged to prices which normally take a decade. 2c

certainly a reasonable assestment (thumbs u

I just sold my 2.5 for $3300 on eBay and have had reasonable offers well above that for my 3.0.
no doubt on lower grades, the technical flaws relative to the # grade, can affect the price dramatically... a good looking 2.5 (maybe not a readily visible flaws) might sell for more than an ugly 4.0, etc... really have to deal with a book by book basis...

(thumbs u

I just sold my 2.5 for $3300 on eBay and have had reasonable offers well above that for my 3.0.

Then you are in luck and if you get a reasonable offer for your 3.0 I would take it as in the last two major auctions 3.5's sold for $3750 and $3950 respectively.

With decent I mean over $3500 for your 3.0

As always eBay bidders are a little behind the times, I sold an Avengers #1 a few months ago for about 30% more than I could get on Clink, Cconnect or the boards, I'm sure if I put it up on eBay today I wouldn't get anywhere near that amount.

Plus for some reason the stretch between 2.0's and 3.5s isn't as absolute as on the higher grades. Some will pay more for a decent 2.5 with a good front cover than for a 3.0 with a certain flaw they just can't live with.

Edit : Damn it, the Tec-guy just said it better than I did :insane::banana:

I've been squirelling money away to buy a SA key like AF15, FF1 or Showcase 4. Is now the time to buy an AF15 or should I wait?

So

$2000 - $2200 for a 2.0

$3000 - $3300 for a 3.0

$3500 - $3850 for a 3.5

That seems about right in prices for the 15. IMO whoever is paying much higher for a 15 is overpaying. Ten years down the line is a totally different ballpark in prices.

I've been squirelling money away to buy a SA key like AF15, FF1 or Showcase 4. Is now the time to buy an AF15 or should I wait?

Now is not a bad time to buy one, it is a buyers market. But stay firm and do not overpay for a 15. Shop around. Keep in mind a 3.5 to a 4.0 should cost you no more than the 4kish department. People demanding 6 and 7k for a 4.0 blue are just asking crazy prices. They will have no choice but to drop into more reasonable market value. If you get a restored one, knock off at least 30-40%. Do NOT pay a price of what the book will be worth 3 to 4 years from now.

Now is not a bad time to buy one, it is a buyers market. But stay firm and do not overpay for a 15. Shop around. Keep in mind a 3.5 to a 4.0 should cost you no more than the 4kish department. People demanding 6 and 7k for a 4.0 blue are just asking crazy prices. They will have no choice but to drop into more reasonable market value. If you get a restored one, knock off at least 30-40%. Do NOT pay a price of what the book will be worth 3 to 4 years from now.

Anyone else have an opinion? (shrug)

Anyone else have an opinion? (shrug)

Well Piper, look at Chromium's opinion and Rick's post as well. We are all agreeing in what a 15 is really worth pretty much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Fantasy-15-1st-Spider-Man-Good-2-0-Original_W0QQitemZ160333237745QQihZ006QQcategoryZ32739QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ebay item: 160333237745

Amazing Fantasy #15 1st Spider-Man Good 2.0 Original

$1850

Whoever bought this book did not follow the good advise of our fellow board members

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Fantasy-15-1st-Spider-Man-Good-2-0-Original_W0QQitemZ160333237745QQihZ006QQcategoryZ32739QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$1850

Whoever bought this book did not follow the good advise of our fellow board members

When I looked at the ending price, it seemed like a good deal except when I saw who the seller was. This seller has a bad reputation of selling overgraded/restored books adverstised as unrestored.

$1850

When I looked at the ending price, it seemed like a good deal except when I saw who the seller was. This seller has a bad reputation of selling overgraded/restored books adverstised as unrestored.

I heard that too