• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Seems too cheap? I wonder if the cover is detached but this is under the new label regime where it might not be noted?
really? I just picked up a cgc 3.5 with ow/w pages for $3450...this one, with inferior pages and $700 more seems too expensive (shrug)

Wow Rick that seems like a deal. I don't follow the AF#15 market very well but it seems like 2.0-3.0's are fetching $3,000+ on a regular basis. Anything that is free of chipping is moved almost immediately. I really want to get a copy of this issue this year if I can.

I'm unfamiliar with a new system that wouldn't note a detached cover on the label. Could you elaborate?
detached covers are still noted on the label, on any grade (I have a 1.5 that notes detached cover)

yeah but what about the ones that are heavily taped?

example the tape is keeping the cover attached? since cgc doesn`t consider tape restoration,would they mention this?

I'm unfamiliar with a new system that wouldn't note a detached cover on the label. Could you elaborate?
detached covers are still noted on the label, on any grade (I have a 1.5 that notes detached cover)

yeah but what about the ones that are heavily taped?

example the tape is keeping the cover attached? since cgc doesn`t consider tape restoration,would they mention this?

they would either mention "front and back cover reattached with tape" , or "tape along entire spine" etc...

Seems too cheap? I wonder if the cover is detached but this is under the new label regime where it might not be noted?
really? I just picked up a cgc 3.5 with ow/w pages for $3450...this one, with inferior pages and $700 more seems too expensive (shrug)

Wow Rick that seems like a deal. I don't follow the AF#15 market very well but it seems like 2.0-3.0's are fetching $3,000+ on a regular basis. Anything that is free of chipping is moved almost immediately. I really want to get a copy of this issue this year if I can.

book was offered to me from my WTB thread...it found me :luhv:

Im thinking that I wouldn't mind getting one of these in restored condition. That's a pleasant looking book at a very nice price!

I went the restored route earlier this year at a show. I hemmed and hawed and looked all over the show and talked to various dealers and even a couple of forumites on scene. Mine came in at 5.0 with slight professional restoration. Tears (I was told 2) sealed, a small piece re-attached and the cover cleaned. IT looks fantastic with deep, rich colors.

The same question kept coming up when I asked about restored books. It was always, "what do you want out of it?" Meaning was I going to keep it forever or try to flip it. I want to keep mine forever (I hope), so the advice was the same.....restoration is no big deal.

I got a book I couldn't otherwise afford, and came away thrilled!

Im thinking that I wouldn't mind getting one of these in restored condition. That's a pleasant looking book at a very nice price!

I went the restored route earlier this year at a show. I hemmed and hawed and looked all over the show and talked to various dealers and even a couple of forumites on scene. Mine came in at 5.0 with slight professional restoration. Tears (I was told 2) sealed, a small piece re-attached and the cover cleaned. IT looks fantastic with deep, rich colors.

The same question kept coming up when I asked about restored books. It was always, "what do you want out of it?" Meaning was I going to keep it forever or try to flip it. I want to keep mine forever (I hope), so the advice was the same.....restoration is no big deal.

I got a book I couldn't otherwise afford, and came away thrilled!

I agree with everything you said 100%...once I get my mitts on a HG restored copy you will need the kung-fu death grip to pry it from my fingers... :devil:

CONGRATS and thanks for sharing the story! :headbang:

ciorac wanted to see a scan of mine, so i figured when i sent him one, i'd drop it here, too. a pleasure to play in the silver forum a bit.

af15.jpg

he wanted to see the other one, too, so i'll add it while i'm here. if this results in my silver forum expulsion, i'll just have to stay over there in gold.

asm1.jpg

ciorac wanted to see a scan of mine, so i figured when i sent him one, i'd drop it here, too. a pleasure to play in the silver forum a bit.

af15.jpg

he wanted to see the other one, too, so i'll add it while i'm here. if this results in my silver forum expulsion, i'll just have to stay over there in gold.

asm1.jpg

Posting those probably won't get you excluded from the SA forum. If anything the GA guys will ban you. Nice books.

af15.jpg

asm1.jpg

Posting those probably won't get you excluded from the SA forum. If anything the GA guys will ban you. Nice books.

NIIIZE! :headbang:

Grades?

( :gossip: ...now you might have to change your moniker to Peter Parker... :devil: )

af15.jpg

asm1.jpg

NIIIZE! :headbang:

Grades?

( :gossip: ...now you might have to change your moniker to Peter Parker... :devil: )

"now" means a long time ago--have had 'em complete thru 400 plus every s.a. appearance for a long, long time. plus had to get the first 14 aa's and aaf's. sometimes it's hell to be a completionist.

4.5/5.0'ish and 7.5? i've never sent a single silver book into cgc, and when i was buying silver slabs it was always hi grade stuff. not really secure about what they'd be called. there is a little marvel chip over to the right of the green medallion on the 1, and i just don't have the experience to know how that'd be treated. but they ain't for sale, so i'm not looking to foist the grades on anyone. grade 'em like y'all see 'em.

af15.jpg

asm1.jpg

:takeit: (both)

I sure hope the winning bidder gets his/her book safe and sound. Thirteen bidders and yet 88% feedback. :eek: Is this another case of high stakes gamblin' on ebay? :shrug:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=160336459153

He suddenly had a bunch of key books in uber grades...enticing, but I wouldn't... meh

I sure hope the winning bidder gets his/her book safe and sound. Thirteen bidders and yet 88% feedback. :eek: Is this another case of high stakes gamblin' on ebay? :shrug:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=160336459153

He suddenly had a bunch of key books in uber grades...enticing, but I wouldn't... meh

I believe Brent M of Quality knows the seller and confirmed he was legit (shrug)