• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Gents,

I'm looking for a 3.5 (or so) copy. Any leads that you can pm me would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

I sure hope the winning bidder gets his/her book safe and sound. Thirteen bidders and yet 88% feedback. :eek: Is this another case of high stakes gamblin' on ebay? :shrug:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=160336459153

He suddenly had a bunch of key books in uber grades...enticing, but I wouldn't... meh

I believe Brent M of Quality knows the seller and confirmed he was legit (shrug)

Correct. You're ok on the buy.

I sure hope the winning bidder gets his/her book safe and sound. Thirteen bidders and yet 88% feedback. :eek: Is this another case of high stakes gamblin' on ebay? :shrug:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=160336459153

He suddenly had a bunch of key books in uber grades...enticing, but I wouldn't... meh

I believe Brent M of Quality knows the seller and confirmed he was legit (shrug)

Correct. You're ok on the buy.

That's good to know (thumbs u

Well I didn't win the 3.5 in the Clink Auction, but at $3850 it looks like prices are decreasing...

Maybe next month... :wishluck:

Looking at the current C-link auction on AF 15's, it seems as if prices are dwindling down.. The 8.5 sold for just $98k when it sold for $122k back in March. The 7.0 sold for around $26k when it sold for around $35k before.. 5.0 at $7600.. What you guys think about the trend here?

What you guys think about the trend here?

I think if it keeps up, I'll be able to own one in about 15 years, give or take. hm

What you guys think about the trend here?

I think if it keeps up, I'll be able to own one in about 15 years, give or take. hm

I'm with you...I'd give anything just to own a nice 1.8 or 2.0 copy...hopefully they'll keep coming down and I can convince my wife...lol

Well I didn't win the 3.5 in the Clink Auction, but at $3850 it looks like prices are decreasing...

I just bought a 3.5 for $3450 and sold to a friend for $3500 this week (though he offered me 3750 for it, but I wanted to pass along my good fortune)...

and, all AF15's are coming down, and coming down hard (20-35% lower in the past month, from early year highs)

Looking at the current C-link auction on AF 15's, it seems as if prices are dwindling down.. The 8.5 sold for just $98k when it sold for $122k back in March. The 7.0 sold for around $26k when it sold for around $35k before.. 5.0 at $7600.. What you guys think about the trend here?
continuation of trend of getting "back to reality"... (shrug)

I agree.. Prices months ago were just :screwy: It seems that supply has (for the most part) met with demand.

Yep.. saw that one on ebay end at around $8500. Pretty good price on the C-link one.
I agree...felt the 7.0 was a decent price...I remember 2 of them at 16K and 18K last year...so, 25K is not "that" far off of a normal increase... and, what some folks don't know or don't realize, the 7.0 that sold for 40K is now a higher grade :whistle:

that is excellent news for me.

I will be buying a copy in calendar year 2010, Lord willing. My prospects are looking better if this holds true. :applause:

I just bought a 3.5 for $3450 and sold to a friend for $3500 this week (though he offered me 3750 for it, but I wanted to pass along my good fortune)...

and, all AF15's are coming down, and coming down hard (20-35% lower in the past month, from early year highs)

bookmarked

I remember 2 of them at 16K and 18K last year...so, 25K is not "that" far off of a normal increase... and, what some folks don't know or don't realize, the 7.0 that sold for 40K is now a higher grade :whistle:

Whoa, decent price for a 7.5 then. I don't think AF 15 will decrease much from recent levels, it just won't keep increasing at the same rate as it has the last two years. I was amazed for years before it shot up in 2007 that it was as accessibly-priced as it was given that it's probably the most in-demand key book on the planet.

However, I'm in the market for a copy right now, so I'd be absolutely fine with very short-term dip in prices! :wishluck::banana:

As always I was watching the lower grades and these too continue to decrease,

A CGC 3.5 sold for $3850 , a tad higher than the $3750 a similar book fetched on comiconnect last month, but this one had superior PQ,

A CGC 3.0 sold for $3150 and this book was very nice looking low-grader, it had better eye-appeal than the 3.5, almost no Marvel chipping and OW pages. I would have surely snagged this one if I hadn't spent so much with Heritage this month :pullhair:

Both books were in the (grade*1000) + 10% range I predicted the current realistic market value to be in at the moment.

Anyone know what the 4.5 sold for ?

So, is it a good time to buy an AF 15 right now or wait some more?

Well, like I said, I would have bought that AF15 3.0 last night if the funds were available.

I don't see low graders drop much more, but I'm no hurry either and think these prices will remain for the rest of the year at least.

As always I was watching the lower grades and these too continue to decrease,

A CGC 3.5 sold for $3850 , a tad higher than the $3750 a similar book fetched on comiconnect last month, but this one had superior PQ,

A CGC 3.0 sold for $3150 and this book was very nice looking low-grader, it had better eye-appeal than the 3.5, almost no Marvel chipping and OW pages. I would have surely snagged this one if I hadn't spent so much with Heritage this month :pullhair:

Both books were in the (grade*1000) + 10% range I predicted the current realistic market value to be in at the moment.

Anyone know what the 4.5 sold for ?

$5900 or so, I believe