• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Has this book cooled down this year or is it still going strong? Doug had four and sold two last night. CL has three tonight.

6.5 ended at 15K reserve not met.

6.5 ended at 20K sold

4.0 sold for 6000.00

3.0 ended at 4269 reserve not met.

IMO it has cooled recently,. I sold a CGC 2.0 crm/ow last year for $3,300 on eBay. EBAY OF ALL PLACES!! more recently CGC 2.0s are fetching between $2,200-$2,700.

I don't want to step on any toes here, so please let me know if I am.

Amazing%20Fantasy%20%2315%20A.jpg

I figured you guys might be interested in this, and if there is a place for it on this forum, this thread would be it.

Here is the raw scan pre-slab

Amazing%20Fantasy%20%2315%20Front.jpg

Anyway, the information on the sale is available in the dealer's section on this site, and at Mound City Auctions website.

Once again, not trying to upset anyone, and if you don't want similar posts please pm me if this happens to be inappropriate.

I figured you guys might be interested in this, and if there is a place for it on this forum, this thread would be it.

Anyway, the information on the sale is available in the dealer's section on this site, and at Mound City Auctions website.

Once again, not trying to upset anyone, and if you don't want similar posts please pm me if this happens to be inappropriate.

doh!

Rob, you ain't upsetting no one. It's a beaut and belongs in here....I mean, in here...as in MY office !!

Sure looks better than an 8.0 to me...but who am I ??

Does CGC downgrade a book when there is drool on it. You have to think high grade AF15s have the potential to come in that way.

Yeah, I think that's listed in the glossary in the latest Overstreet Comic Book Grading Guide. :grin:

It's easy to love a sparkling, flat, unchipped copy. You know you love a comic when you get riled up by just a majority piece of it!

I salute you, Steven! You're a true comic lover! :golfclap:

Thanks-the AF15 is my grail. However, my pockets are very shallow at the moment...when I win the lottery tonight I will pick up a nice copy.

I go into a particular shop here in the midwest every month or so to get some low grade silver age marvels, and the proprietor added this to the stack gratis. Funny that it would be the item to get me most excited.

And if anyone has a cover and first two pages to donate...there could be a freshly married af15 to amuse you.

Yeah Turtle, how many copies do you own?

I knew it was a bad idea to make you Treasurer of the AF #15 Club.

I think, if a Boardie owns more than 2 copies, it's 10 years of hard labor at the ROCK !

Thanks for the nice words Spider-varient. I still have 4 copies, one of which is this 5.0. I'm always looking to get more if the price is right. I've decided to sell off all my smaller books for an AF15 fund. Ready to hit it when the price is right (at least what I think is right). Can never go wrong with that b/c if you buy it at the right price and if for some reason you need cash fast----you can always sell it for break even or make a little off it. All efforts and funds will go to AF15 from here on out