• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Here are my three, the 4.0 is PARTICULARLY nice, NO CHIPPING 100_1647-1-1-1-1.jpg

Since I started the club, (ok, well the thread at least anyway), I officially dub all those with greater than 2 copies as "Platinum" members. (worship) Sorry, no benefits except bragging rights.

The rest of us will suffer inferiority complex from this day forward.

Anyone got more than 3 copies? If so, shame on you. (tsk)

I'm a member of the club as of today

Purchased mine at the Atlanta show today from Chris Foss, of Heroes and Dragons in Columbia SC. Will post pics later.........

Purchased mine at the Atlanta show today from Chris Foss, of Heroes and Dragons in Columbia SC. Will post pics later.........

:hail: I was at this show, but didn't get there until 2:30-3--did you procure it in the first few hours of the show?

:hail: I was at this show, but didn't get there until 2:30-3--did you procure it in the first few hours of the show?

Hey............

Well it was a process, I've bought ASM books from Chris before and really like him, he's the first person I usually seek out after saying hey to Jeff (finecomics). I had a list of the books I'm missing below 50, didnt even have AF 15 on there. We got to the show late because of the monsoon hitting the area south of Atlanta, got there 1215-30 or so I think.

I took over two hours talking things over before deciding to do it. If you saw someone hovering at the Heroes and Dragons table with a Red Sox hat, that was me. I got AF 15, ASMs 3, 20, 23 (CGC 5.5). Obviously the big deal was AF, I got the others kinda as throw-ins. I turned down an 11. Chris was trying to package ASM 1 (he knows I want it, I've looked at a different 1 he had in the past) but the 12c price was 95% torn off, weird looking and I declined.

I'd gone to the convention with the idea of spending a few hundred, getting some low grade Surfers for that run (got a 7 from Jeff), maybe some Fury STs and a sub-50 ASM...........life is funny. Maybe the fact that I stayed up all night, got a quick nap from 730am-9am before the convention had something to do with it........when I saw the AF15 on the display I was trying to ignore it, honest!

I reckon all you AF#15 clubbers should meet up. You could lay out all your AF#15's next to each other and take pics :grin:

I'd be awfully tempted to yell 'SCRAMBLES!'* though lol

(*'Scrambles' is a playground tradition that may or may not be limited to my locale/generation. The usual form is, when somebody is showing off a collection of small items or a handful of money, to bash their hand to that the coins go flying and then yell 'scrambles!', which is everybody else's cue to grab what they can in a free-for-all.)

I reckon all you AF#15 clubbers should meet up. You could lay out all your AF#15's next to each other and take pics :grin:

(*'Scrambles' is a playground tradition that may or may not be limited to my locale/generation. The usual form is, when somebody is showing off a collection of small items or a handful of money, to bash their hand to that the coins go flying and then yell 'scrambles!', which is everybody else's cue to grab what they can in a free-for-all.)

Umm, no, never heard of it. Interesting. hm

Note to self: He11blazer not invited over to the house. :screwy:

Joking of course.

Umm, no, never heard of it. Interesting. hm

Note to self: He11blazer not invited over to the hourse. :screwy:

Joking of course.

lol

Playgrounds are brutal places!

Hey............

Well it was a process, I've bought ASM books from Chris before and really like him, he's the first person I usually seek out after saying hey to Jeff (finecomics). I had a list of the books I'm missing below 50, didnt even have AF 15 on there. We got to the show late because of the monsoon hitting the area south of Atlanta, got there 1215-30 or so I think.

I took over two hours talking things over before deciding to do it. If you saw someone hovering at the Heroes and Dragons table with a Red Sox hat, that was me. I got AF 15, ASMs 3, 20, 23 (CGC 5.5). Obviously the big deal was AF, I got the others kinda as throw-ins. I turned down an 11. Chris was trying to package ASM 1 (he knows I want it, I've looked at a different 1 he had in the past) but the 12c price was 95% torn off, weird looking and I declined.

I'd gone to the convention with the idea of spending a few hundred, getting some low grade Surfers for that run (got a 7 from Jeff), maybe some Fury STs and a sub-50 ASM...........life is funny. Maybe the fact that I stayed up all night, got a quick nap from 730am-9am before the convention had something to do with it........when I saw the AF15 on the display I was trying to ignore it, honest!

Man, great story! I didn't get there until 2:30, but I do recall seeing someone hovering at the Heroes booth. Was a couple standing right next to you for quite a while?

What was its grade? Nice pick-up! Out of a monsoon and a nap--and into AF #15 land. :hail:

Hey............

Man, great story! I didn't get there until 2:30, but I do recall seeing someone hovering at the Heroes booth. Was a couple standing right next to you for quite a while?

What was its grade? Nice pick-up! Out of a monsoon and a nap--and into AF #15 land. :hail:

That is a great tale. Ignoring an AF15 is like trying to ignore a 25 year old blonde with DDs. Impossible, irresistible, why even put up the fight.

Yeah...or it could be a comic-collector's version of the C I R C L E J E R K or as some may refer to as the C O O K I E S H O O T ... :insane:lol

That is a great tale. Ignoring an AF15 is like trying to ignore a 25 year old blonde with DDs. Impossible, irresistible, why even put up the fight.

Because my wife would remove my testicles, place them in a jar, and I'd never see them in this lifetime.