• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Amazing Fantasy 15 in low-mid grade needs to drop even more from today's price maybe another 25% to really make them the right market price.

They jumped up way to fast for a not so hard book to find in that grade.

3.0's should sell at a max $2800-3000k for example.

I sure hope not... :eek:

Spider-man is my favorite character, but AF 15 in low-grade-mid-grade is very easy to find with a click of the mouse.

I have been to many conventions in 2009 and I would say more than half of the vintage dealers always have a copy of AF 15 at all times in some grade.

Walking Dead #1 is harder to find at a comic convention.

Going to disagree on this one. On AF 15s sub 7.0, I'd probably say you're looking at (on a ballpark estimate) paying around 1.5-2x times the grade and perhaps higher the closer you get to the 7.0 range. So, if you're book is a 1.5, then you can probably expect something around the $2000-2200 range, a 2.0 scoring closer to $3k. The sale of the 6.5 seems to support this as well considering its $17.5k price point--toughly 2.5x grade. It's certainly cooled off since the run up, but still nicely above guide

And while I realize we could dump all of our money into SC 22s, but who's to say that book will keep it's value post-movie release? Marvel Spotlight 5 / Ghost Rider 1, anyone? ASM 300? If it's not a solid movie (and let's face--RR isn't exactly a guy known for his acting chops), kiss the value good bye. AF 15, on the otherhand, is getting to that point where the movies aren't really going to have the same affect, much akin to how Batman 1 isn't going to see any significant surge if a movie comes out. Long term--this is a blue chip book and if it weren't for the availability, it'd be untouchable.

Amazing Fantasy 15 in low-mid grade needs to drop even more from today's price maybe another 25% to really make them the right market price.

Spider-man is my favorite character, but AF 15 in low-grade-mid-grade is very easy to find with a click of the mouse.

I have been to many conventions in 2009 and I would say more than half of the vintage dealers always have a copy of AF 15 at all times in some grade.

Going to disagree on this one. On AF 15s sub 7.0, I'd probably say you're looking at (on a ballpark estimate) paying around 1.5-2x times the grade and perhaps higher the closer you get to the 7.0 range. So, if you're book is a 1.5, then you can probably expect something around the $2000-2200 range, a 2.0 scoring closer to $3k. The sale of the 6.5 seems to support this as well considering its $17.5k price point--toughly 2.5x grade. It's certainly cooled off since the run up, but still nicely above guide

And while I realize we could dump all of our money into SC 22s, but who's to say that book will keep it's value post-movie release? Marvel Spotlight 5 / Ghost Rider 1, anyone? ASM 300? If it's not a solid movie (and let's face--RR isn't exactly a guy known for his acting chops), kiss the value good bye. AF 15, on the otherhand, is getting to that point where the movies aren't really going to have the same affect, much akin to how Batman 1 isn't going to see any significant surge if a movie comes out. Long term--this is a blue chip book and if it weren't for the availability, it'd be untouchable.

I have to agree with Forrest. I won my book at auction after all the hype had dwindled and I still paid 4k for my 3.5.

This book is blue chip all the way...

I have to agree with Forrest. I won my book at auction after all the hype had dwindled and I still paid 4k for my 3.5.

Guys, i never said it wasn't a blue chip book.

My point is the book is common in .5-5.0 in CGC grade, and I feel the books in that range are over valued.

I don't think they will go downI was just hoping, but I was just voicing my opinion that the books in that range are overvalued IMO.

Plus I need to buy one in 3.0 range and i would like to only spend 3k for it. ;)

If I can buy one in that grade for $3500-3800, and it has decent PQ then I would take it. :takeit:

I really would like it in CGC 4.0, so we will see.

I think I am going to finally buy it in the next month or two. :wishluck:

Guys, i never said it wasn't a blue chip book.

My point is the book is common in .5-5.0 in CGC grade, and I feel the books in that range are over valued.

I don't think they will go downI was just hoping, but I was just voicing my opinion that the books in that range are overvalued IMO.

Plus I need to buy one in 3.0 range and i would like to only spend 3k for it. ;)

If I can buy one in that grade for $3500-3800, and it has decent PQ then I would take it. :takeit:

I really would like it in CGC 4.0, so we will see.

I think I am going to finally buy it in the next month or two. :wishluck:

$3800 for a 3.0? hm Heckuva a deal, but I don't think it's an unrealistic one. Just a matter of finding the right seller who's looking sell.

And I fully agree--production and availability is what keeps this book from hitting the stratosphere that Batman 1 and Superman 1 enjoy (and I won't even mention Action 1 and Tec 27).

we have to consider marvel chipping, eye appeal, missing pieces or markings/writings on cover when comes to 4.0s and below. Prices are the same as 2008 or higher if book has good appeal for the assigned grade

I don't understand high grade collectors settling for low grade books. If I was looking for an AF15 in the $4000 price range, I'd be looking for a restored copy with the highest apparent grade I could find.

Here's my addition to the AF15 club. It's in my signature. :hi:

Don't take this personally, but those books in your signature aren't all that impressive. If it'd make you feel better, I could PROBABLY take them off your hands, but they're old and just not worth much. But, I wouldn't mind doing you the favor ;)

:devil:

Here's my addition to the AF15 club. It's in my signature. :hi:

Don't take this personally, but those books in your signature aren't all that impressive. If it'd make you feel better, I could PROBABLY take them off your hands, but they're old and just not worth much. But, I wouldn't mind doing you the favor ;)

:devil:

These babies are in good hands..."beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Superman is my favorite, next is Green Lantern, and last but not least...Spiderman.

Hour left to go on clink, the 7.5 (to me this looks beautiful) is less than the 7.0. Both universal, and no cow pages. Just curious what I'm missing here??

Id say water always finds its level. Lets see when its over.

(thumbs u

Hour left to go on clink, the 7.5 (to me this looks beautiful) is less than the 7.0. Both universal, and no cow pages. Just curious what I'm missing here??

(thumbs u

$57,555 vs $28,250

Wow

Why the huge price difference between a 7.5 and a 7.0? I don't get it

Two impetuous bidders--bidder #3 was $17K less. Recent market pricing on this book woulda put it at least $10K less. A white-paged 7.5 just sold for $52K a few months ago, this one was off-white with staining along the right edge.

(thumbs u

$57,555 vs $28,250

Wow

Yeah, I thought it was an 8.0 at least on first sight. Wonder what the back cover looks like though.