• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Well my AF15 membership is in jeopardy and I'm worried. Payed off the book and had it sent to my mom's place so she could bring it up for Xmas. She's leaving for here now and never received it. Haven't been able to get a hold of the dealer for the entire week either. I am very concerned and not quite sure what to do at this point. Even if it does eventually get to her place the last time my mom forwarded a comic to me it arrived folded in thirds in our mailbox. Egad. Just needed to type here to vent. Very disappointing and scary.

-Rob-

How did you purchase it? Via Ebay or other? Ebay/Paypal will cover your purchase. Who is the seller?

I'm not outing the seller. I don't know that anything has been done wrong other than bad timing with holidays and mail. I'm just extremely concerned and worried that I haven't been able to get a hold of him-- but he's typically hard to get a hold of so it's not a change in behavior. I just really needed to post to help exercise the stress somewhat.

I paid Cash+Trade up front and wrote checks for the balance.

-Rob-

Well my AF15 membership is in jeopardy and I'm worried. Payed off the book and had it sent to my mom's place so she could bring it up for Xmas. She's leaving for here now and never received it. Haven't been able to get a hold of the dealer for the entire week either. I am very concerned and not quite sure what to do at this point. Even if it does eventually get to her place the last time my mom forwarded a comic to me it arrived folded in thirds in our mailbox. Egad. Just needed to type here to vent. Very disappointing and scary.

-Rob-

How did you purchase it? Via Ebay or other? Ebay/Paypal will cover your purchase. Who is the seller?

I'm not outing the seller. I don't know that anything has been done wrong other than bad timing with holidays and mail. I'm just extremely concerned and worried that I haven't been able to get a hold of him-- but he's typically hard to get a hold of so it's not a change in behavior. I just really needed to post to help exercise the stress somewhat.

I paid Cash+Trade up front and wrote checks for the balance.

-Rob-

Tell us about the book Rob...if you are able. CGC graded, etc ?

Is the seller a Boardie...a well known seller?

If not, that is scarry that you would buy from him...but hey, I've done it before.

-Rob-

when was she supposed to receive the book?

If the book is shipped via 2 days USPS priority, they are very erratic now with the holidays. I shipped and received 20 boxes and they ranged from 2 days to 6 business days so don't rule out that the post office is the one that is at fault.

bottom line is you need to give us more detailed info like when it was supposed to ship, which method, etc..

dude just hang in there.. i just had a package i sent mon to a forum member for a 2 book trade and he sent his out on mon as well...i got the package wed he didnt get mine intill mon of the next week....its just the time of year

Yay and relief-- finally got a hold of the guy. He lost the address. Kinda wish he'd contacted me sooner, but can't help but think he might've lost that info too. lol

So yay.

-Rob-

:applause: Glad it all worked out.

I'm so itching to join this club that I am making it one of my resolutions for 2010. Anyone knows what's a good current price range for either a CGC 2.0 or 2.5? I need to know so I know how much money I need to raise.

base off GPA 2900-4500 :yikes:

WOW! thats crazy prices for 2.5 :eyeroll: Six months ago they were 2000- 2500 sometime soon this craziness has to level off,but then again maybe not (shrug)

Maybe I missed it, but I've been tracking AF 15 prices for over two years now and I didn't see any 2.5s sell for less than $2650.

Of course I only track CGC copies.

For some reason the price difference between 2.5s and 3.0s isn't that high...sometimes only a few $100 difference.

Prices have been going up the last few months, but prices on AF15s are very uneven, mainly due to the big supply.

During the Summer the formula I have been talking about ad infinitum (grade + 10% X$1) rang true and most 2.5s were selling in the $2650 - $3000 range, but have now gone up.

Average prices prices now seem to be grade + 25% X$1...so about $2500 for a 2.0

$3125 for a 2.5 and $3750 for a 3.0.

I've been offered a 4.0 for $5600, a 5.0 for $7250 and a 2.5 for $3750. I declined all three, the 5.0 was a great deal, but it wasn't the book for me..the rest were just too high.

WOW! thats crazy prices for 2.5 :eyeroll: Six months ago they were 2000- 2500 sometime soon this craziness has to level off,but then again maybe not (shrug)

Maybe I missed it, but I've been tracking AF 15 prices for over two years now and I didn't see any 2.5s sell for less than $2650.

For some reason the price difference between 2.5s and 3.0s isn't that high...sometimes only a few $100 difference.

Prices have been going up the last few months, but prices on AF15s are very uneven, mainly due to the big supply.

During the Summer the formula I have been talking about ad infinitum (grade + 10% X$1) rang true and most 2.5s were selling in the $2650 - $3000 range, but have now gone up.

I've been offered a 4.0 for $5600, a 5.0 for $7250 and a 2.5 for $3750. I declined all three, the 5.0 was a great deal, but it wasn't the book for me..the rest were just too high.

Ah! I was waiting to hear from you! I'd been peaking about just to see how things were looking again and it seemed like the formula was starting to show signs of being a little lower than what I was seeing. I think even the lower-end of the low grade market has been slowly gaining back some ground though I'm not sure what the instigating factor/s is/are. Do you think it simply has to do with a slowly recovering economy? If that's the case, then it make me wonder if we'll begin seeing this book moving forward to an extent that despite a heavier supply, it begins to become even more inaccessible to most collectors? I mean, if there was "movie hype" or something along those lines, the gains would make sense, but it does make me wonder a bit... hm

Ah! I was waiting to hear from you! I'd been peaking about just to see how things were looking again and it seemed like the formula was starting to show signs of being a little lower than what I was seeing. I think even the lower-end of the low grade market has been slowly gaining back some ground though I'm not sure what the instigating factor/s is/are. Do you think it simply has to do with a slowly recovering economy? If that's the case, then it make me wonder if we'll begin seeing this book moving forward to an extent that despite a heavier supply, it begins to become even more inaccessible to most collectors? I mean, if there was "movie hype" or something along those lines, the gains would make sense, but it does make me wonder a bit... hm

Yeah I am also curious as to why AF15 is surging forward again. The next movie is still in development and won't be around for some time. I was expecting the prices level down a notch, but instead it rebounded. As of right now, I really don't know how these prices can hold up given the current available supply on the market. I'm becoming skeptical as to whether or not I should try for one now or should I keep waiting. I can definitely say that there is no way I am shelling out $4k for a 2.5. Even for a 3.0 is an iffy. However, I think I will be ok with giving up $2.5k for a 2.0, that is if I can find a nice copy with good front cover appeal.

Honestly, the book isn't exactly steamrolling like it was in 2008 but I think the value of this book isn't going to get any cheaper. I can say there was a nice looking 1.5 for sale in the forum recently for about $150 less than your mark--maybe talk the owner down a touch if it hasn't sold already.