• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Honestly, the book isn't exactly steamrolling like it was in 2008 but I think the value of this book isn't going to get any cheaper. I can say there was a nice looking 1.5 for sale in the forum recently for about $150 less than your mark--maybe talk the owner down a touch if it hasn't sold already.

Yeah I saw that, it was SpiderTurtle's copy. I wanna try to aim to get at least a 2.0 tho.

wow did that 5.0 have marvel chipping?? I'll take a 5.0 $7250 without marvel chipping anyday of the week

Alas it did and the price was a buddy-price..seller knew he could sell it for more but wanted to do me a solid. (thumbs u

Ah! I was waiting to hear from you! I'd been peaking about just to see how things were looking again and it seemed like the formula was starting to show signs of being a little lower than what I was seeing. I think even the lower-end of the low grade market has been slowly gaining back some ground though I'm not sure what the instigating factor/s is/are. Do you think it simply has to do with a slowly recovering economy? If that's the case, then it make me wonder if we'll begin seeing this book moving forward to an extent that despite a heavier supply, it begins to become even more inaccessible to most collectors? I mean, if there was "movie hype" or something along those lines, the gains would make sense, but it does make me wonder a bit... hm

Yeah the formula has run aground lol

Prices are up... no two ways about it. I don't really have an explanation for it... I don't think it's economy-bound, people will always find a way to buy this book. But I think that buyers have been patient for the last 6-9 months, and have seen the prices drop and are now buying the book again...and inevitably jacking up the prices again. If all the books that are currently on the market have a decent sell-through, expect the next batch to be priced 10% higher and so on. Until of course prices soar again and people stop buying and wait it out again until the price drops.

But I have noticed that at the end of these cycles the prices drop to a level just a little higher than the previous "low price point"

(and I'm only talking about 4.0 and lower here, I don't know jack about the market mechanisms of mid and high grade AF15s :sumo:)

Yeah I am also curious as to why AF15 is surging forward again. The next movie is still in development and won't be around for some time. I was expecting the prices level down a notch, but instead it rebounded. As of right now, I really don't know how these prices can hold up given the current available supply on the market. I'm becoming skeptical as to whether or not I should try for one now or should I keep waiting. I can definitely say that there is no way I am shelling out $4k for a 2.5. Even for a 3.0 is an iffy. However, I think I will be ok with giving up $2.5k for a 2.0, that is if I can find a nice copy with good front cover appeal.

I believe the drop has come and gone and prices will go up again for a while... but there will be another drop, but not quite as deep as this one.

I've also noticed that PQ is REALLY important on this book and OW/W or even WHITE pagers command a significant premium...as do books with good eye-appeal as for a lot of people this book will be the centerpiece of their collection and the "show" book.

In the end almost every comic collector wants to own this book and it's the only super-key book left that a significant number of collectors can aspire to own one day. Action #1 and Tec #27 are so stratospheric that most of us don't even dream about it anymore.

And as much as I love FF #1 (which I actually prefer), it just isn't in the same league.

To Peewee22 6.0 and 7.0 (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship) One day I will be like him. Right now, I have to settle for my 5.0

I started with a 0.5 in '86 for $75.00 so you're better off than I was in the beginning.

Just keep upgrading what you have until you have the one you lust for.

Thanks for the encouraging word Peewee22

wmaygx.jpg

p38024.jpg

My current 5.0 is SilverRich's former 5.0. First pic is SilverRich; 2nd is my scan. I've had similar 5.0's in the past but this is my current one. My final goal will be a 7.0 since i think the 7.5s and above are way out of my ballpark

wmaygx.jpg

p38024.jpg

My current 5.0 is SilverRich's former 5.0. First pic is SilverRich; 2nd is my scan. I've had similar 5.0's in the past but this is my current one. My final goal will be a 7.0 since i think the 7.5s and above are way out of my ballpark

Beautiful looking copy.

Just how many copies have you owned over the years? Does it become hard to get attached to a book that you plan on selling down the road to upgrade?

I've never really been in that position. I picked my copy up years ago before the market for the book became insane. I suppose it's never really been sane but I picked mine up at a good time.

wmaygx.jpg

p38024.jpg

Beautiful looking copy.

Just how many copies have you owned over the years? Does it become hard to get attached to a book that you plan on selling down the road to upgrade?

I've never really been in that position. I picked my copy up years ago before the market for the book became insane. I suppose it's never really been sane but I picked mine up at a good time.

Very nice eye appeal copy. I need to upgrade my copy eventually.

To Peewee22 6.0 and 7.0 (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship) One day I will be like him. Right now, I have to settle for my 5.0

I started with a 0.5 in '86 for $75.00 so you're better off than I was in the beginning.

Just keep upgrading what you have until you have the one you lust for.

Was this the copy I saw at the con with the back cover missing...I thought it was $50.00. You must have outbid me.

wmaygx.jpg

p38024.jpg

Beautiful copy. (thumbs u