• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

It will take some time, but the value of the book will rise again... not sure it will move at THAT pace again, but it will rise again :)
:wishluck:

It will.

I am not saying it won't, but it could take years just to get back to where we "were"...

I know someone trying to sell a 7.0 that wants about 20% more than I suspect the market will bear... how long will that person have to wait just to break even...already been a year and they are still 20% down (shrug)

Oh, it's going to be a good, long while. If someone's hoping to get their head above water again if they bought during this book's peak, well, I've got some ocean-front property in Nevada to sell them. ;) Maybe 3-5 years from now? More of a reasonable chance there I'd assume.

Here's my price list for unrestored Amazing Fantasy 15 with nice eye appeal and very minimal chipping and are at least cream to off-white pages. Of course, page quality will add a premium 5%-10%.

9.2 $180000-225000

9.0 $120000-140000

8.5 $80000-90000

8.0 $52000-60000

7.5 $45000-50000

7.0 $29000-32000

6.5 $20000-25000

6.0 $15000-18000

5.5 $12000-13000

5.0 $ 8500-10000

4.5 $6800-7500

4.0 $5200-6200

3.5 $4300-4800

3.0 $3700-4100

2.5 $3200-3500

2.0 $2800-3000

1.8 $2500-2700

1.5 $2100-2400

1.0 $1700-2000

The 1.0 to 5.0 market has not moved much since 2008; prices in that range have stabilized

The prices in that range has been holding up and minimal movements. (thumbs u

It looks like I'm up about 10% from my purchase price. :whee:

And I think I'm up between 25%-30% :o:whee:

That's a great return. (thumbs u

but think of all the folks that are down 10-30% that purchased at the height doh!

It will be dead money for a while if you bought at the peak.

Rare, the AF #15 thread goes almost 5 days without a new post and gets sent to the section's second page.

So in an attempt to stir up some interest in a book that appears to have become stale, I was wanting to ask everyone why they have interest in collecting AF #15 specifically?

I know we have some club members who own the book as their personal grail and others who may have simply decided to pick up a copy for other reasons. Either way, I'd imagine that it must take some credible degree of motivation for most collector's to invest AF #15-money into their copies.

I'll start with myself and see if this catches on.

When I began collecting at a serious level, silver age was not only my favorite age, it was essentially the only age. I grew up as a huge fan of Marvel and like most kids, Spiderman was one of my favorites. To own the most sought after SA key was back then, what owning an Action #1 would be for me today as I've since developed just as much if not more interest in golden age comics.

I could go on and on but I think you guys get the point. Anyone else like to share they "why" behind their purchases?

Rare, the AF #15 thread goes almost 5 days without a new post and gets sent to the section's second page.

So in an attempt to stir up some interest in a book that appears to have become stale, I was wanting to ask everyone why they have interest in collecting AF #15 specifically?

I know we have some club members who own the book as their personal grail and others who may have simply decided to pick up a copy for other reasons. Either way, I'd imagine that it must take some credible degree of motivation for most collector's to invest AF #15-money into their copies.

When I began collecting at a serious level, silver age was not only my favorite age, it was essentially the only age. I grew up as a huge fan of Marvel and like most kids, Spiderman was one of my favorites. To own the most sought after SA key was back then, what owning an Action #1 would be for me today as I've since developed just as much if not more interest in golden age comics.

I could go on and on but I think you guys get the point. Anyone else like to share they "why" behind their purchases?

:popcorn:

Why is it in my collection?

1st appearance of the most popular SA character and frankly much more interesting than Batman or Supes... (shrug)

and because it looks good with my ASM 1 - 100 run. :whee:

Like you, I LOVE this book! I've owned a copy of it once when I was young and have always wanted to own another nice copy. I had "dreams" of owning Act 1 and Tech 27 when I was younger, hell even Sup and Bats 1. I had to settle for AMS 1, which I ALWAYS thought was cool. But had to let 'er go for a good copy of AF15. That was 3 years ago and I'm still looking.

Why is it in my collection?

1st appearance of the most popular SA character and frankly much more interesting than Batman or Supes... (shrug)

and because it looks good with my ASM 1 - 100 run. :whee:

Well, those reasons are as good as any. I certainly envy your run and while I do have a great many early issues of ASM in my collection, I don't think all of them combined could ever quite equate to my AF #15, personally of course.

Like you, I LOVE this book! I've owned a copy of it once when I was young and have always wanted to own another nice copy. I had "dreams" of owning Act 1 and Tech 27 when I was younger, hell even Sup and Bats 1. I had to settle for AMS 1, which I ALWAYS thought was cool. But had to let 'er go for a good copy of AF15. That was 3 years ago and I'm still looking.

So did you part ways with your ASM #1 to pick up another AF #15?

That's part of my story with this book. I first purchased it back in 86 when I worked at a comic shop in Milford, CT. I sold the AF15 back in 93 for a "decent" price, but NOTHING compared to today's prices. doh! Got rid of the AMS1 for a good price too, but only to "regain" an AF15. :gossip: And so my search continues.....

That's part of my story with this book. I first purchased it back in 86 when I worked at a comic shop in Milford, CT. I sold the AF15 back in 93 for a "decent" price, but NOTHING compared to today's prices. doh! Got rid of the AMS1 for a good price too, but only to "regain" an AF15. :gossip: And so my search continues.....

That's cool, I wish you the best of luck in your search.

What grade/condition are you looking to pick up your copy in?

Since I don't have the funds to get an action 1 or detective27; I want to have an af15 which is harder to obtain(6.0 and above). I hope to one day move up to a 7.0 with the best eye appeal possible. Right now I am very happy with my 6.0

Well, it never was a grail to me (that would be FF #1) but since I decided to collect all Marvel Superhero books from 1961 to 2000 it was on the list (shrug)

Absolute heresy. :sumo:

:baiting:

Well it has grown on me lol

just noticed that the af15 cgc8.0(formerly 7.5) is no longer on sale pending status on clink is this due to buyer/seller requesting that it be removed from the clink site?

looks like the auction fell thru so now it is back on for the next CL auction? perhaps the winner couldn't come up with the cash?

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Damazing%2Bfantasy%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F840712&id=840712

Well, it never was a grail to me (that would be FF #1) but since I decided to collect all Marvel Superhero books from 1961 to 2000 it was on the list (shrug)

Absolute heresy. :sumo:

:baiting:

Well it has grown on me lol

:banana:

just noticed that the af15 cgc8.0(formerly 7.5) is no longer on sale pending status on clink is this due to buyer/seller requesting that it be removed from the clink site?

looks like the auction fell thru so now it is back on for the next CL auction? perhaps the winner couldn't come up with the cash?

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Damazing%2Bfantasy%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F840712&id=840712

We already discussed that copy in this thread a few days ago, not the same one. If it doesn't show as sale pending I agree, the sale fell through, but I bet the seller holds onto the book...that sale not going through has to feel like he dodged a bullet given that he was about to lose $6K or so on it.

Kinda +1. The Grail was FF 1. I have an AF 15 for the same reason I own a TTA 35. It's a key Marvel, and the Universe will end if I don't have all the key Marvels.

Looks like the 8.0 did sell after all

http://www.comiclink.com/./itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Damazing%2Bfantasy%2B15%26ItemType%3DCB&id=838875

We already discussed that copy in this thread a few days ago, not the same one. If it doesn't show as sale pending I agree, the sale fell through, but I bet the seller holds onto the book...that sale not going through has to feel like he dodged a bullet given that he was about to lose $6K or so on it.