• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Hey Peewee, what ever happened to this af15 that you posted a few years back

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=105832&Number=1904673#Post1904673

it has all the characteristics you mentioned to look for in a high grade copy :cloud9:

well for those who don't have GPA here are some of the data. Since CL doesn't report to GPA, feel free to add/revise what I have below

9.4 - $227,000 at CL in 2008

9.2 - $190,000 in 3/09

9.0 - $140,000 in 2010 at CL - Curator

8.5 - $118,977 in 2008

8.0 - $78,750 in 2009 Mound City

7.5 - $52,281 in 8/09

7.0 - $40,000 in 2008

6.5 - $24,766 in 2008

6.0 - $20,315 in 11/09

5.5 - $13,600 in 2009

5.0 - $12,000 in 2009

I will skip anything below 5 and anyone is free to add them to the list above

I'd cut it off at 6.0 or you'll have a boat load of AF15s... :blahblah:

Just wondering what happened to the CL cgc 4.0's that ended for $7500? Fell through? Does anyone know cuz there were a few that ended in that price range.

CL does not report to GPA so unless someone can confirm those prices, then he or she can revise to that list. As far as I can tell, there is only one that ended on 3/09 for $7500...but you think there were a few in that price range? where? not on CL unless they were pulled from the historical data.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Damazing%2Bfantasy%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB&id=788305

perhaps one of the least attractive 4.0 that I have seen with all those chips.

Hey guys,

This is a bit random but I was wondering if anyone might be able to estimate for me, the rough value of my AF #15. Since I've had it CGC'd, they've detected additional restoration and at this point, I'm just not certain what it's value would be with the combination of the various forms of restoration.

The CGC label reads as follows: "color touch, spine splits sealed, tear seals, reinforced, TOP EDGE TRIMMED". The page-quality is "cream to off-white" and the overall grade is 3.5.

Here's the book...

219.jpg

If anyone has any idea as to what the value would be, it would be greatly appreciated. However, I would like to make it clear that I have no interest in selling the book. I'm curious as to its value simply because I'd like to know what my collection (and books within) are worth. This book however, stays in the vault.

So apparently the AF15 CGC 8.0 that sold late last year on Heritage for $52K in November 2009 that I've been complaining about as having too much chipping on the right edge is now being flipped in the next QualityComix auction. Does ANYONE hold onto high grade AF15s anymore? hm

15268.jpg

Yeah...there has always been AF15 in the 6.0-8.0 in the marketplace in a given period of time, but we do need to clear out excess of flippers and speculators. Prices will remain stagnant and eventually will move up again once this inventory clears. If we all look at how AF15 has performed in the last five years, it is still up 75%-100% in all grades. AF15 is a blue chip which hasn't done much the last two years, but will reward collectors and investors with the long term outlook.

So apparently the AF15 CGC 8.0 that sold late last year on Heritage for $52K in November 2009 that I've been complaining about as having too much chipping on the right edge is now being flipped in the next QualityComix auction. Does ANYONE hold onto high grade AF15s anymore? hm

15268.jpg

This af15 cgc 8.0 is not that bad. I am hanging onto my cgc 4.0 copy- Why not its the best silver age comic and i paid 10% over guide unlike those who pay $10K for a cgc 5.0 which is like 65% over guide.

This af15 cgc 8.0 is not that bad.

Not from that scan, but you can see in the Heritage scan (I've got a link to it a few pages back in this thread) that there is tearing down the ENTIRE right edge. The top edge is rough, and the back cover needs a wonderbreading and has a big stain in the middle and has a corner crease. The rest of the book is REALLY nice though, particularly the spine and bottom edge.

Even if Peewee's 7.5 had the same cream-to-offwhite pages this book has, Peewee's would STILL be nicer.

This af15 cgc 8.0 is not that bad.

Not from that scan, but you can see in the Heritage scan (I've got a link to it a few pages back in this thread) that there is tearing down the ENTIRE right edge. The top edge is rough, and the back cover needs a wonderbreading and has a big stain in the middle and has a corner crease. The rest of the book is REALLY nice though, particularly the spine and bottom edge.

Even if Peewee's 7.5 had the same cream-to-offwhite pages this book has, Peewee's would STILL be nicer.

I'm with ff. The edge tears have protruded slightly outward and are "asthetically displeasing" to the eye. All in all, the FC is clean and nice but it sounds like the BC is a sight for sore eyes.

So I say somewhere out there someone is about to be an unhappy $50k buyer. :taptaptap:

High of $3300 in 2008 according to gpa based on mp restored copy

I'm not looking to find a sneaky way to get GPA data from you guys (seeing as I don't have it) but does it provide details beyond the sales prices and grades? In this instance, was the record high of $3,300 for a 3.5 MP restored copy and if so, do we know the types of restoration and page-quality of the book?

I know mine is trimmed which many people consider to be one of the worst forms of restoration so I'm not sure where my copy would stand in comparison to the record-setter, value-wise.

I'm not looking to find a sneaky way to get GPA data from you guys (seeing as I don't have it) but does it provide details beyond the sales prices and grades? In this instance, was the record high of $3,300 for a 3.5 MP restored copy and if so, do we know the types of restoration and page-quality of the book?

I know mine is trimmed which many people consider to be one of the worst forms of restoration so I'm not sure where my copy would stand in comparison to the record-setter, value-wise.

GPA doesn't provide any more details than MP so there is no way to tell if the book is trimmed and/or CTed

GPA doesn't provide any more details than MP so there is no way to tell if the book is trimmed and/or CTed

That was kind of what I figured, but I wasn't sure. Wouldn't it be helpful for them to include it in the future? I was thinking the same thing about CGC's census because when it comes to a book's PQ and/or types of restoration, there are major factors being left out if one wants to have an idea of what has been graded, especially if we're talking about books more common where we might not have the option to see every copy over the internet.

Decided to officially join the club.

Welcome to the club, nice inks on the cover as well. Would you like to share the story as to how you picked it up?

Easy yes I picked it up on ebay. I decided to give myself a Christmas present and I clicked the buy it now button in 2009. I figure if I don't buy now its a couple of grand more later so why not.