• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Actually I think there can be a bargain since AF15 will be rising dramatically over the course of time.

only way a key comic like this rises if interest rises because there are plenty to go around. Hulk 181 isn't probably the best example to use but it's still a very very popular book and we see more and more hg coming to the market which has dropped the value say 35% on a 9.8

I'm completely missing your point...there just are not enough AF15s to meet the demand.

I hear this alot...but it primarily depends on the grade you're seeking. Currently there are beaucoups of 2-4s on ebay and other auction houses. Always plenty of them....maybe priced a little high, but they are available...always.

There are definitely S & D (Supply & Demand) issues with 6s and better...esp 8s and better.

Always fun to see a new nice one pop up...keeps the knuckles loose ! :preach:

indeed.... plenty of supply to meet demand, especially in the lower grade ranges...

but, if you want a 8.0, I can get you one ( will cost a bundle)... or even a 9.0, or a 7.0 etc... there is ample supply across most all grades 8.0 down, and if you really want to spend big bucks, even 8.5's and 9.0's can be had

If I purchase anything nicer than I own, I'd have to go to MM (Midnight Mass), get permission from the CGs (Comic Gods), and finally, get a BOA (Blessing Of Approval) from the RB (Real Boss)...the Misses!! (worship)

Would be worse than getting the Health Care bill approved (again).

Question to club members: which one would you prefer: 2 6.0s or 1 7.0
2 x 15K or 1x 25K...I like the 2x 15K (thumbs u

2 cgc 4.0's or 1 cgc 5.5? which do u prefer? I would take 2 4.0's.

But if it was for one 6.0 then its obvious.

2 cgc 4.0's or 1 cgc 5.5? which do u prefer? I would take 2 4.0's.

But if it was for one 6.0 then its obvious.

in this case, I would take the one 5.5...

figure 2x 5500 or 1 x 12000... the 5.5 is the clear winner by almost 10 % (thumbs u

If possible it always nice to have more than one copy. I would take the 2 6.0s too (thumbs u

:applause:

Showcase22

where you refering to this 8.5 (thumbs u

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=307661&enlarge=1

I prefer two 6.0s, but I would like one 6.0 and one 8.5 though.

That's one of the copy SpiderTurtle...but I think the reserve is 95K+. If I'm going to buy an 8.5, I'm going to be quite picky and give it a lot of thought. I'm happy :grin: with my 6.0 and I'm sure you're :grin: with yours.

Well, I was FINALLY able to payoff my AF #15 purchase from Adam (Filter81) from last year so I should be receiving the book shortly. I'll post new scans when I get it. It's a restored copy but boy does it look sweet! :whee:

Well, I was FINALLY able to payoff my AF #15 purchase from Adam (Filter81) from last year so I should be receiving the book shortly. I'll post new scans when I get it. It's a restored copy but boy does it look sweet! :whee:

Having an AF15 is always sweet :whee:

:applause: :applause:

http://www.comiclink.com/./itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Damazing%2Bfantasy%2B15%26ItemType%3DCB&id=790882

Edenwald Collection

Green Qualified CGC 9.4 NM

How do board members feel about this book.

Could have been a beautiful books without the destruction. Not my cup of tea. I recall seeing an Action 1 with these similar defects, but you can consider that okay now for Action 1.

http://www.comiclink.com/./itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Damazing%2Bfantasy%2B15%26ItemType%3DCB&id=790882

Edenwald Collection

Green Qualified CGC 9.4 NM

How do board members feel about this book.

I love it.

It might not be the best "investment" piece but I'd probably take it over an unrestored 6.5 or 7.0. But then again, I tend to view comics different than most.

What I value most about condition is the book's ability to withstand the test of time. When we see HG copies, we see books as close to how they were on the racks back in 1962.

This copy captures that, with the only (and it's a big one for most people) catch being that the holes were punched through it. My point it, the book still withstood the test of time and is still in beautiful shape.

If someone wants to knock 200k off the asking price because someone punched three holes in an otherwise beautiful copy, I'd spend 30k on this one quicker than I'd spend 227k on the WM copy. Of couse I'm not taking into account pedigree and what would be the best long-term "investment".

Just my personal opinion.