• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

This copy is centered and has a sharp spine, but exhibit chip wears on the right and under average PQ. If I was putting high $$$ on a 8.0, I would wait for a better copy. What ya think Brannon?

If I were going to invest in an 8.0, why purchase this one? Although the front cover is nice, it's got some heavy-duty soiling on the back cover, esp vertically along the spine area and around the staples. Could use a very thorough agitation in Tide & Downy.

PQ is nothing to brag about.

I'd wait...but it's not my moolah. (tsk)

This copy is centered and has a sharp spine, but exhibit chip wears on the right and under average PQ. If I was putting high $$$ on a 8.0, I would wait for a better copy. What ya think Brannon?

If I were going to invest in an 8.0, why purchase this one? Although the front cover is nice, it's got some heavy-duty soiling on the back cover, esp vertically along the spine area and around the staples. Could use a very thorough agitation in Tide & Downy.

just depends on the price...at the current 28K, it is a bargain, but reserve is not met... I believe this copy recently sold for about 58K (a huge drop from when it sold for almost 80K before)...

just depends on the price...at the current 28K, it is a bargain, but reserve is not met... I believe this copy recently sold for about 58K (a huge drop from when it sold for almost 80K before)...

I think you are referring to the Mound City copy right? The MC copy is better than this copy, and went for a high price and peak price (possbile pressing candidate by a flipper hm ). As Brannon stated "this copy with a PQ nothing to brag about. "

If it goes for $28k, it'll be a GBB (Gladiator Blood Bath) among Boardies.

Tide ONLY costs $6 bucks or so... :hi:

I think you are referring to the Mound City copy right? The MC copy is better than this copy, and went for a high price and peak price (possbile pressing candidate by a flipper hm ). As Brannon stated "this copy with a PQ nothing to brag about. "

nope, I mean this exact copy being offered in the Quality auction recently was purchased for approx 58K, and previous to that, I believe it sold for approx 80K (a huge 22K devaluation from purchase in 2008 to purchase in 2009)

If it goes for $28k, it'll be a GBB (Gladiator Blood Bath) among Boardies.

Tide ONLY costs $6 bucks or so... :hi:

my guess is the reserve is at least into the 50K's to protect the "investment" (shrug)

nope, I mean this exact copy being offered in the Quality auction recently was purchased for approx 58K, and previous to that, I believe it sold for approx 80K (a huge 22K devaluation from purchase in 2008 to purchase in 2009)

...and I thought I lost alot on an AF15 deal... :blahblah:

Gators best advice- buy based on margin, a "good value" regardless of grade. That advice is king and trumps all other approaches.

Gators best advice- buy based on margin, a "good value" regardless of grade. That advice is king and trumps all other approaches.

Personally, I'd wait on this 8.0...if it ever surfaces again...but I buy the book, not the label.... :preach:

Reminds my of my grail, but it's a tad better !! :cloud9:

97187.jpg.cd71d1a56ec3bead0e0fdcd520506b03.jpg

Personally, I'd wait on this 8.0...if it ever surfaces again...but I buy the book, not the label.... :preach:

Indeed! (worship) What a beautiful 8.0

97187.jpg

Friggin BEAUTIFUL!!!

(worship)

How is that only a 8.0!!!

97187.jpg

Friggin BEAUTIFUL!!!

(worship)

97187.jpg

Friggin BEAUTIFUL!!!

(worship)

Heaven :cloud9:

97187.jpg

Friggin BEAUTIFUL!!!

(worship)

That copy blows away many of the 9.0's I have seen :ohnoez:

Unless off course the book has BC-'issues' ??

I submitted the AF #15 I bought from Adam (Filter81) at the CGC booth at C2E2 and got the grade back a couple of days ago. He had estimated an MP (moderate professional) 7.0 on the book and I pretty much agreed that I thought it was in the 6.5-7.5 range. The front cover is SWEET but the back cover has some mainly discoloration issues that I knew would bring the grade down. Well, the damn thing came back an EP (extensive professional) 5.5 and I am, needless to say, one irritated individual right now. How the hell that book got graded a 5.5 is beyond me. I'll call for graders' notes tomorrow but it's gonna take me awhile to get over this if I ever do. :mad:

Oh, and just to clarify things, I'm pissed at CGC and not Adam. He supplied the book as stated although we were both high on the grading estimate. I know...win some, lose some but this one is a BIG loser. :cry:

I submitted the AF #15 I bought from Adam (Filter81) at the CGC booth at C2E2 and got the grade back a couple of days ago. He had estimated an MP (moderate professional) 7.0 on the book and I pretty much agreed that I thought it was in the 6.5-7.5 range. The front cover is SWEET but the back cover has some mainly discoloration issues that I knew would bring the grade down. Well, the damn thing came back an EP (extensive professional) 5.5 and I am, needless to say, one irritated individual right now. How the hell that book got graded a 5.5 is beyond me. I'll call for graders' notes tomorrow but it's gonna take me awhile to get over this if I ever do. :mad:

Ouch, that's painful.