• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Buck Rogers
1 1

79 posts in this topic

My only Frazetta Buck Rogers:

Unless you count this:

WeirdScience-Fantasy029FNfcsm.jpg

It should be counted. Maybe you paste the helmut back on Buck.

bb

1795549999_5c319e501d_b.jpg

I noticed this color version on sale at Heritage. It looks fantastic.

bb

2679778586_f2d73af431_b.jpg

This is a very underrated cover IMO and one of my favorite books. The Buck Rogers strip was one of the main features in Famous Funnies from its debut in #3 to the end of the run twenty years later, and yet this is the only Buck Rogers cover from early part of the run - he wouldn't appear again until the Frazetta issues fourteen years later. It came out just after Buck Rogers 1 and about the same time as Buck Rogers 2, so its purpose was probably to help plug the new series.

FamousFunnies082LV3sm.jpg

The character has sadly slipped out of the pop culture arena since the 1979 T.V. show (which I loved as a kid!). I would love to see a modern take on Buck Rogers that is closer to Philip Nowlan's original stories, but after seeing what the SF channel did to Flash Gordon last year, maybe it's not a good idea.

Jeff

Let`s see Buck Rogers,Flash Gordon,Lone Ranger,Shadow and Tarzan at one time were big or bigger than Batman. I wonder why the fell out of the publics imagination and if they will ever become big again?