• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

On 26/10/2017 at 10:43 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

This piece means a lot to me ... In the days when my brother and I lived in Ottawa, we decided to pay homage to our shared loved of comics.  We were both in our twenties, and the days of collecting in our teens was beginning to fade as other priorities in life began to take over.  We wanted to do something which brought back the memories of our collecting days in Midland and, at the same time, acknowledge the LCS's which continued to supply the passion that many in the late 70's-early 80's had in our nations capital.  One such store was called The Collector's Stop.  It had survived numerous physical moves throughout the city, eventually making its way out to the west end, but sadly closing.  We had decided to create a piece of art for this store.  We started, but never finished.  After inking all the characters, our plan was to cut out the classic covers that showed up in Overstreet Price Guides, and place them around the characters (if you look close, you may see the pencil outlines of the rectangles around the characters).  The piece is below, unfinished to this day.  I lost my brother to cancer 6 months ago, and I have it in my cave right now. 

20171026_170150_resized.jpg

20171026_170104_resized.jpg

What a great, heartfelt post. Brought a tear to the eye. Sorry to hear you lost your brother and your old comic buddy.

On 26/10/2017 at 10:47 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Not too long ago, I wanted to show my son I still had some artistic talent as he was becoming interested in silver and bronze age books ... I'm pretty certain he liked the piece below, my homage to various pre-83 JIM covers ...

20171026_170921_resized.jpg

Always great to see a nicely rendered Spragg!  :headbang:

3 hours ago, B2D327 said:

Finally went back and added colors to my Flash drawing 

1509320110658-1.png

I like the look on his face. Caption competition needed here I think (thumbsu

16 hours ago, Marwood & I said:
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:43 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

This piece means a lot to me ... In the days when my brother and I lived in Ottawa, we decided to pay homage to our shared loved of comics.  We were both in our twenties, and the days of collecting in our teens was beginning to fade as other priorities in life began to take over.  We wanted to do something which brought back the memories of our collecting days in Midland and, at the same time, acknowledge the LCS's which continued to supply the passion that many in the late 70's-early 80's had in our nations capital.  One such store was called The Collector's Stop.  It had survived numerous physical moves throughout the city, eventually making its way out to the west end, but sadly closing.  We had decided to create a piece of art for this store.  We started, but never finished.  After inking all the characters, our plan was to cut out the classic covers that showed up in Overstreet Price Guides, and place them around the characters (if you look close, you may see the pencil outlines of the rectangles around the characters).  The piece is below, unfinished to this day.  I lost my brother to cancer 6 months ago, and I have it in my cave right now. 

20171026_170150_resized.jpg

20171026_170104_resized.jpg

What a great, heartfelt post. Brought a tear to the eye. Sorry to hear you lost your brother and your old comic buddy.

Priceless !!  Super cool !! 

..... and I too am sorry to hear about your bro.  It's the way of all flesh :cry:

For the last 6-7 years, my son and I have made a Halloween art project. A few years ago we made a large Frankenstein for the yard based on James Bama’s wonderful Aurora model box art. Pressed for time last year we opted for a gravestone; this year it was back to Bama for Dracula.

Halloween2017_Dracula.jpg

Halloween2017_Yard.jpg

Halloween2017_Yard2.jpg

Halloween2017_Yard_Lights.jpg

Halloween2017_Yard_Night.jpg

I don't go for gore, I like to keep it family friendly.

15 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

since there is now a DARTH VADER comic book, i thought this was relevant. it's a recent painting i did. perhaps in the upcoming han solo film, this scene will actually appear. perhaps not. 

unicorn-final-lg.jpg

:applause:

15 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

since there is now a DARTH VADER comic book, i thought this was relevant. it's a recent painting i did. perhaps in the upcoming han solo film, this scene will actually appear. perhaps not. 

unicorn-final-lg.jpg

Darth Vader, a unicorn and two butterflies walk into a pub.....

22 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

unicorn-final-lg.jpg

Awesome.  The roller skate really takes it next level

22 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

unicorn-final-lg.jpg

I see fields of green pink roses too, and I think to myself what wonderful world ;)

20 hours ago, Myparentsbasement said:

Been about a year since I've sat down and drawn. I'm thinking of doing a prowrestler series.

IMG_20171125_155242_659.jpg.f1291c50817936935fc02200e6571156.jpg

And I missed a finger. Oops.

It probably got bit off in a match