• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Alf Pogs said:

My first time in this thread and went back about 30 pages so far. Great stuff everybody!

I have been face mapping now and liking the results where I used to just look at something and draw it.

Here some stuff from a few months back: 2 Princess Leias (one DeCarlo style) and an Invisible Woman from How to Draw Marvel.... that looks more like a Tim Sale Lois Lane.

finalpl.jpg

map.jpg

PL22.jpg

I'm liking these.  The first one lips could be done a bit better.  Straight line doesnt give any body/volume.

8 hours ago, kav said:

Straight line doesnt give any body/volume.

Thanks Kav! Yeah she was a 2 min scribble just getting used to the new pens. Still looking for a real nice blue pencil.

My goal is to draw a whole page with no photo references at all and make each person look unique and the same from panel to panel. So many comics these days all the faces look the same and you can't tell what is going on. 

On 10/28/2018 at 2:00 PM, rob_react said:

I haven't shared anything here in a while. It's October, I draw a monster every day. It's what I do (9 years and running). This year I'm doing monsters/creatures/aliens from TV and movies. Brush markers on sketchbook paper. 5" by 5"

2018-6.jpg

giphy.gif.e42cbac539db81e9cd4e0d92d8b2f335.gif

Love it really Rob! :applause:

4 hours ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:
10 hours ago, kav said:

You should of painted background first though!  then you just easily lay image over it.

Yea true ... rookie mistake .. next time 

or , at this point maybe just leave white 

9 hours ago, Alf Pogs said:

Thanks Kav! Yeah she was a 2 min scribble just getting used to the new pens. Still looking for a real nice blue pencil.

My goal is to draw a whole page with no photo references at all and make each person look unique and the same from panel to panel. So many comics these days all the faces look the same and you can't tell what is going on. 

I tried every kind of blue pencil with no luck finally found some blueline markers that worked great ..Illustrator Blue Mirage needlepoint. 

http://v501.britlink.com/P1129/DesktopDefault.aspx?Alias=thecompleteline&TabID=46080&AID=-1&ItemID=4035&Sku=TCL1360

Screenshot 2018-11-19 at 10.51.03 AM.png