• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

So do I cover the image I don’t want spray with paper and go for it ? 

I’ll probably do some toothbrush spray near the top as well

Heres where I’m at .. once background is done ... spray should be last thing yes ? 8F69398E-4306-4952-90D4-44CC3A2309A3.thumb.jpeg.77b4fb864b04381858a9df53e74f8cd0.jpeg

that looks great.  No dont cover-spatter will seep under paper and smear/puddle.  Just do the splats, let dry, and paint over whatever you dont want.  You can tighten up the lines on sword with a sharpie btw.

On 11/19/2018 at 8:19 AM, Senormac said:
On 11/19/2018 at 4:11 AM, Paddy_McShillihan said:
On 11/18/2018 at 9:21 PM, kav said:

You should of painted background first though!  then you just easily lay image over it.

Yea true ... rookie mistake .. next time 

or , at this point maybe just leave white 

I would never leave an unpainted white canvas area it looks cheap.  Even if I wanted white b/g I would paint it white.  A thick layer of white.

Edited by kav

One thing i liked about airbrush was you can fix anything.  Just spray over mistake/spill with white, do over!!  

48 minutes ago, kav said:

that looks great.  No dont cover-spatter will seep under paper and smear/puddle.  Just do the splats, let dry, and paint over whatever you dont want.  You can tighten up the lines on sword with a sharpie btw.

Cheers .... glad I asked .. would have used paper .. don’t wanna use sharpie - like to keep it strictly paint 

51 minutes ago, kav said:

I would never leave an unpainted white canvas area it looks cheap.  Even if I wanted white b/g I would paint it white.  A thick layer of white.

It was reverse psychology  lol 

6 minutes ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

Cheers .... glad I asked .. would have used paper .. don’t wanna use sharpie - like to keep it strictly paint 

Come on artist uses whatever he needs to to get best image!!!  You dont grind your own paints so no need to be a stickler!!  Just think of a sharpie as a type of paint brush and the ink a type of paint-

29 minutes ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

If you want to keep it just paint and cant do a straight line with a brush then make the paint very thick.  A thick scrawly line looks great.

I mean thick vertically not wide

Edited by kav

and be sure to add enough coats to make word balloon blindingly white.  If paint keeps seeping up use something like fixative or shellac to make impenetrable layer.

1 minute ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

I had the yellow going but pooched writing at first had to put white again .. 

finale .. didn’t wanna keep doing spray thought I mess it up 

984C2A0A-24B8-4852-B135-83C6A634EC40.thumb.jpeg.f3232102155c504830d9025fed8f4ae6.jpeg

looks great!  I was thinking you were doing big tarantino streams of blood but that looks fine.

23 hours ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

Next ....got my base on First this time 👍

A64CE21F-B9CE-4933-93C0-F26DB433A6AA.thumb.jpeg.adf2d44351cfb90cf2292d60628d35f3.jpeg

paint too thin!  You can see behind it!

Edited by kav

3 minutes ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

Still some yellow going on there in spots 

orange/brown seems a strange choice.  

Edited by kav