• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,098 posts in this topic

On 12/14/2019 at 3:47 PM, Shadow said:

Finally got most of the black and white done on this Spider-man. Coloring phase is next. I think I started in October. Work in progress. It's mixed media. The black sky is solid but glare makes it look otherwise. Thanks for letting me share!

IMG_0561.jpg

It would be nice if comics published stuff like this... Fan art or even pro art from someone trying to get exposure. Would probably guarantee 5 or 10 extra issues sold. 

16 hours ago, Shadow said:

And now in living color... I'll be intrigued to see how it looks reduced from 18X24 when I get prints made. 

Thanks for letting me share!

IMG_0562.jpg

Colors really bring it to life. Nice work

Interesting thread.  I decided to try my hand at sculpting some months back to help fill gaps in my collection of full-size busts based on creatures that appeared in the classic 1960s TV series, THE OUTER LIMITS.  I'd never sculpted before but have always been okay at sketching.  I figured that there might be transferable skills, so gave it a go using YouTube videos to educate myself on processes involved.

Tricky business but I think I'm now getting the hang of it.  The bust is sculpted in clay, after which a plaster mould (separated in two connecting halves) is made.  Liquid latex is poured into the mould and once drained and cured, a latex rubber head is formed.  The latex cast is then foam-filled with rigid-drying polyurethane, tidied-up and then painted.

Here are some photos of my second project, Qarlo Clobreggney - 'Soldier' from the Harlan Ellison-scripted second season opener of OUTER LIMITS:

Soldier 7.jpg

Soldier 8.JPG

Soldier 9.JPG

Soldier 10.JPG

3.JPG

outer-limits-soldier.jpg

4 hours ago, The Voord said:

Interesting thread.  I decided to try my hand at sculpting some months back to help fill gaps in my collection of full-size busts based on creatures that appeared in the classic 1960s TV series, THE OUTER LIMITS.  I'd never sculpted before but have always been okay at sketching.  I figured that there might be transferable skills, so gave it a go using YouTube videos to educate myself on processes involved.

Tricky business but I think I'm now getting the hang of it.  The bust is sculpted in clay, after which a plaster mould (separated in two connecting halves) is made.  Liquid latex is poured into the mould and once drained and cured, a latex rubber head is formed.  The latex cast is then foam-filled with rigid-drying polyurethane, tidied-up and then painted.

Here are some photos of my second project, Qarlo Clobreggney - 'Soldier' from the Harlan Ellison-scripted second season opener of OUTER LIMITS:

Soldier 7.jpg

Soldier 8.JPG

Soldier 9.JPG

Soldier 10.JPG

3.JPG

outer-limits-soldier.jpg

Impressive!

On 11/21/2019 at 1:57 PM, Krismusic said:

nice.. I use to paint these mini models for a game I use to play called Warhammer 40,000 (40k)

I was pretty far into Warhammer Fantasy Battle for a while.

This was my painting station during my Ogre Kingdoms phase.

IMG_0112.jpg

On 12/31/2019 at 1:42 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

I was pretty far into Warhammer Fantasy Battle for a while.

This was my painting station during my Ogre Kingdoms phase.

IMG_0112.jpg

ahh nice setup mine was very basic a table some water cups and paint on the kitchen table with the newspaper down I would prime them in a box outside and do a bunch as a group basic paint and few details then later add more details as I got time to go through my squads thankfully I uses space marines so I didn't have to paint dozens of orcs/hordes lol... was a fun time.

On 12/31/2019 at 2:27 PM, Artboy99 said:

while I never played Warhammer I do have several minis. Currently working on a Forgeworld Bloodthirster.

20190126_200713.jpg

20190126_200802.jpg

nice paint job. I would do a grey/silver wash on the armor pieces that are black to give it a more texture detail look just my opinion. (like near the thigh armor and chest. I use to take the exacto and carve little chunks or scratches into the armor to give it the battle texture highlight a edge in a bright silver to give it a scratched it looked cool.