• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2020 at 9:03 AM, Krismusic said:

nice paint job. I would do a grey/silver wash on the armor pieces that are black to give it a more texture detail look just my opinion. (like near the thigh armor and chest. I use to take the exacto and carve little chunks or scratches into the armor to give it the battle texture highlight a edge in a bright silver to give it a scratched it looked cool. 

Thanks, it is no where near finished and I intend to do the armor in a "burnt" gold similar to the skull pauldron. I have been working on it for a long time ( years!! ) because I rarely have time to paint. I also decided to redo the skin tone, it was more of a brownish color and after seeing the coloration of a Bloodthirster in a Games Workshop video game I changed it to blood red. I think I have been working on this mini over 15 years. :P

It doesn't stop me from buying miniatures that catch my eye I also picked up the flying Bloodthirster from Gamesworkshop and the Great Unclean One.

I also have several Lord of the Rings miniatures and I am very slowly working on the Weathertop terrain piece also from Forgeworld.

4 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Thanks, it is no where near finished and I intend to do the armor in a "burnt" gold similar to the skull pauldron. I have been working on it for a long time ( years!! ) because I rarely have time to paint. I also decided to redo the skin tone, it was more of a brownish color and after seeing the coloration of a Bloodthirster in a Games Workshop video game I changed it to blood red. I think I have been working on this mini over 15 years. :P

It doesn't stop me from buying miniatures that catch my eye I also picked up the flying Bloodthirster from Gamesworkshop and the Great Unclean One.

I also have several Lord of the Rings miniatures and I am very slowly working on the Weathertop terrain piece also from Forgeworld.

ahh nice yeah I remember my friend complaining about having to paint his chaos army (lost of pointy parts) for hours so we can play in a Gamesworkshop tourney the night before lol... oh the memories.. I wish I could get back into this I did have a fun time.. I would also panic about screwing up the paint and worry about much applying to much and I losing the details.. I played space wolves so getting those pelts to pop with blood, dirt and snow was hard as well as not covering up the fur texture... didn't know about washes till later on...back then no internet available or youtube to teach you these tricks to get a great paint job.. had to trial and error a few lol. 

I posted a few drawings from high school some pages ago - these are in that same vein. I suppose they are the sort of thing one might expect from a surly, brooding Black Sabbath-tee-shirt-wearing teenage boy:  hm

35380181.b81ca616.640.jpg

Edited by PopKulture

5 hours ago, B2D327 said:

This one started as a pen sketch a year ago during an extended hospital stay. Imported it to my iPad last night and finally finished it up

DD340904-635C-4AAC-BB38-F8EDF6EF7D21.jpeg

FE51DF45-BFDB-4E67-9DFD-130769523CB1.jpeg

Glad you got better!

And that's a pretty rockin' venom :headbang: