• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Senormac said:

So I was wondering if showing sketches from  "my current art project".....    bothered anyone here ?

I'm NOT really showing my OWN personal artwork like the title of this thread says.   

It's a team effort between my buddy Jack and I.  We are collaborating.  He'd never come on here though (he is not a comic collector).

An I didn't really want to start another thread.

So here's a few views of our own personal artwork, which will be available here when finished at some point in the near future    

Some of our "BAD" guys.  

1909755_zzzBurnout.thumb.jpg.d4f152a0493378d096b31a352592fb97.jpg

1908782243_zzzcavedan.thumb.jpg.5ed83020be8e7653049bbaec736b49c6.jpg

103960978_zzzAwipeandSludge.thumb.jpg.cce496b007669a976018ca5b231a3fb6.jpg

You know I dig em señor!

I've been around these boards for almost 12 years now.  There's some really good people here.   I've made friends with a number of you.  There is a family dynamic to these boards that isn't found in many places I think. I just wanted to mention, for those of you who might read my book when it's finished.....

that  "all characters in my story are fictional.  Any resemblance to any person or place living or dead is completely coincidental "   

If some character can be found on the pages of my book that do resemble someone known, living or dead,

know that it is with complete good natured fun, good will and respect that I have been influenced by this place to include said characters in my story. 

:popcorn:

No.  Portland Oregon is not a real place either :grin:

---------------------------------

Some more character sketches.  

1745075584_crudgang.thumb.jpg.69bf74efc8956962324d7221bb686b61.jpg

375024428_geelebronasianspencilsPANEL.thumb.jpg.2d2a0e377bbd59a47ab831c8ec906508.jpg

977644817_KatrinaPapaya.thumb.jpg.543f712fd6b5bfffcaf690772296dddf.jpg

Edited by Senormac
do does, does not

22 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

@Senormac I'm just hoping for continuity sakes we finally at least get a Jimmers cameo.I'm sure you've seen enough pics of me and me doggos to work it,I mean "Jimmers,feared by MF'rs'in

A character named "Jimmers" does make an appearance in the next issue although he has no resemblance to anyone here......ahem, cough cough.   He seems to have a kind of Canadian accent or something, eh .  :hi:

Edited by Senormac

12 hours ago, Senormac said:

I've been around these boards for almost 12 years now.  There's some really good people here.   I've made friends with a number of you.  There is a family dynamic to these boards that isn't found in many places I think. I just wanted to mention, for those of you who might read my book when it's finished.....

that  "all characters in my story are fictional.  Any resemblance to any person or place living or dead is completely coincidental "   

If some character can be found on the pages of my book that does resemble someone known, living or dead,

know that it is with complete good natured fun, good will and respect that I have been influenced by this place to include said characters in my story. 

:popcorn:

No.  Portland Oregon is not a real place either :grin:

---------------------------------

Some more character sketches.  

1745075584_crudgang.thumb.jpg.69bf74efc8956962324d7221bb686b61.jpg

375024428_geelebronasianspencilsPANEL.thumb.jpg.2d2a0e377bbd59a47ab831c8ec906508.jpg

977644817_KatrinaPapaya.thumb.jpg.543f712fd6b5bfffcaf690772296dddf.jpg

:applause:

I'm cross-posting this a couple places, but I wanted to share here that the second issue of my comic The Crimebusters is now live on Kickstarter.

The Crimebusters is a ode to classic teen detective novels and mystery adventure shows like Scooby Doo, but with the twist that sometimes, those monsters and ghosts might be real. It's also a passion project of mine as it co-stars Chuck Chandler, aka Crimebuster — my forum namesake — and continues the continuity from his original series, Boy Comics, which ended with #119 in 1956. Since the character and series are in the public domain, I decided to continue the run, which is why every issue I do a variant cover that features the original title and numbering. 

Here's a look at the three covers I drew for this issue. There are also two others by guest artists, but since this thread is about our personal artwork, I won't share them here. 

This is the regular cover for issue #2, "The Secret of the Ghost Bride." I wanted to have a little bit of that classic Neal Adams DC Horror feel to it — it's not really a direct homage to stuff like Batman #227, but I always loved those "giant figures looming" covers.

2038627249_coverksmontage.jpg.24e20127586958248e4b22ada268a012.jpg

The other two covers, though, are direct homages. This Boy Comics #121 variant cover is an homage to Simon and Kirby's cover to Adventure Comics #74, which I thought was fitting since my cover (and the story inside) guest-star the Golden Age Boy Comics character Yankee Longago, whose deal is that he can time travel in his dreams. So a Sandman homage seemed fitting:

1861977269_boycomics121variantksmontage.jpg.61948484c4f9342230a2372d85758396.jpg

And this last one, which I have shown in this thread previously, is an homage to Maurice Whitman's cover for Planet Comics #71. The comic itself also appears in the backup story, which features my character Vera Veritas, who takes center stage in this homage. This cover is a Kickstarter Exclusive variant, so it is only available to people who back through Kickstarter - it also carries on the original numbering from Boy Comics:

1739501440_veravariantcoverksmontage.jpg.04ecbb6ce3169219448c96c1bf3acd2a.jpg

Thanks everyone for your support over the long months it took to make this comic, I really appreciate it!!

@Crimebuster I love it!I'll grab a copy of the first cover next week,my fave,although I dig em all!

Edit,is it nest for you to go direct through you or the gofundme page?LMK-I'll find a way to throw a bit of support your way,even share it on my fb page if I can figure out how.

Edited by porcupine48

3 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

@Crimebuster I love it!I'll grab a copy of the first cover next week,my fave,although I dig em all!

Edit,is it nest for you to go direct through you or the gofundme page?LMK-I'll find a way to throw a bit of support your way,even share it on my fb page if I can figure out how.

Thanks so much, I appreciate the support!

If you can go through the Kickstarter page, that might be a little better for me, but whatever works easier for you is fine. Kickstarter has certain algorithms based on backers,so having more on there may help promote the book within their site more. But the end result is about the same for me either way.

And thanks for offering to share it! It you copy and paste this link into the "What's on your mind" box on Facebook, that should be all you need to do to share it:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thecrimebusters/the-crimebusters-1-2-supernatural-mystery-adventure-awaits?ref=d3ec1w

1 minute ago, Crimebuster said:

Thanks so much, I appreciate the support!

If you can go through the Kickstarter page, that might be a little better for me, but whatever works easier for you is fine. Kickstarter has certain algorithms based on backers,so having more on there may help promote the book within their site more. But the end result is about the same for me either way.

And thanks for offering to share it! It you copy and paste this link into the "What's on your mind" box on Facebook, that should be all you need to do to share it:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thecrimebusters/the-crimebusters-1-2-supernatural-mystery-adventure-awaits?ref=d3ec1w

All done!I hope it helps,I have a few boardie friends on there too!

And welcome,anytime man.