• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, topofthetotem said:

I like that, well done.

Back when I had creative juices flowing and time, both of which are in short supply right now. I just started this water color doodle and am about to give up. 

15891448986048264708780162078007.jpg

21 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

drawing of the creature...

20FCEDCE-C1B7-48B0-8CC3-BB9E6C01B570.jpeg

That's cool, but I don't understand the book thing. Am I to believe that is the 26th page of you drawing that exact scene ?  hm

14 minutes ago, Senormac said:

That's cool, but I don't understand the book thing. Am I to believe that is the 26th page of you drawing that exact scene ?  hm

i have a book of my work that came out last year and i did drawings in a bunch of them, a limited edition up to 100. i thiink i sold about 50 limited edition ones with drawings. heres another one...it's batvenom...

(my book is called TRANSFORMATIONS, the cabiinet card paintings of alex gross fyi)

batvenom.jpg

6 hours ago, the blob said:

Back when I had creative juices flowing and time, both of which are in short supply right now. I just started this water color doodle and am about to give up. 

15891448986048264708780162078007.jpg

9_9  looks good to me.

24 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i have a book of my work that came out last year and i did drawings in a bunch of them, a limited edition up to 100. i thiink i sold about 50 limited edition ones with drawings. heres another one...it's batvenom...

(my book is called TRANSFORMATIONS, the cabiinet card paintings of alex gross fyi)

batvenom.jpg

Yea, ok.... but why is that number 37 out of 100.  Doesn't that mean that there are 36 more of that same picture ?  I guess I'm too used to limited run prints :S

3 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:
39 minutes ago, Senormac said:

Yea, ok.... but why is that number 37 out of 100.  Doesn't that mean that there are 36 more of that same picture ?  I guess I'm too used to limited run prints :S

each one i did a different drawing. each number is unique. 

So, wouldn't that really make them 1/1 

I don't get where the "out of 100 comes in" .  

Is it a book with 100 different artworks inside ? 

sorry im so dense  :(

Edited by Senormac

2 hours ago, topofthetotem said:

9_9  looks good to me.

Yeah. It sucks. Sometimes this stuff comes together. The shapes turn into something recognizable. I was using my plein air easel for the first time. I bought it 15 years ago and never used it. I actually don't like painting water colors like this. Oils and acrylics next time.

6 minutes ago, the blob said:

Yeah. It sucks. Sometimes this stuff comes together. The shapes turn into something recognizable. I was using my plein air easel for the first time. I bought it 15 years ago and never used it. I actually don't like painting water colors like this. Oils and acrylics next time.

I don’t know about anybody else but to me water colours are the most difficult to control.