• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Memorex said:

in December 8th 1980, John Lennon was shot to death and I couldn't keep myself from contribuiting!

Lennon.jpg

A year before I was born, made it a not too distant memory. Just growing up and looking back, Woodstock seemed years ago, even if it was only 12 years before birth. I had a Beatles phase, and still keep all the CDs in my car for easy listening or road trips. Simple music. Though they weren't at Woodstock, just the association with that whole era or generation, not unlike modern times in a lot of ways, with unrest  :foryou:

18 hours ago, Memorex said:

in December 8th 1980, John Lennon was shot to death and I couldn't keep myself from contribuiting!

Lennon.jpg

Your drawing reminded me of this book that I must have checked out of the library a million times. I haven’t looked at it in about 40 years but the name and images are still fresh in my head from my childhood

0A8941DC-11D3-41F5-97FD-560F5C1D6606.png

3 hours ago, B2D327 said:

Your drawing reminded me of this book that I must have checked out of the library a million times. I haven’t looked at it in about 40 years but the name and images are still fresh in my head from my childhood

0A8941DC-11D3-41F5-97FD-560F5C1D6606.png

The story is that, he was shot to death on the 8th of December, then on the 20th of December (coincidently it was my 20th Birthday) I stayed home alone and while having some Scotch Whiskys on the rocks and listening to The Beatles music, I took his picture from the White Album (LP back then) and started to draw him. Eventually whenever I had time (between surfing trips and hanging out), I finished the pencils then the inking (with a Rotring 0.1 pen), so by early March it was finished! You have to keep in mind the Christmas hollidays and that summer starts in december here in Perú and people go away for the season!

I took this picture from the Internet, but now I notice that the shadow is to the right (the picture is inverted)

Packing List.jpg

Edited by Memorex

3 hours ago, bronze_rules said:
5 hours ago, kav said:

poster_for_hypnotist_s_office_by_kaviart_d5sr50c-fullview.jpg

Is that you S. Ditko??? Stop! I'm feeling... fee..

I thought it might be Jim Steranko !!  :applause:

30 minutes ago, Senormac said:

I'm like a little kid before Christmas.  But in the words of Richard Dreyfus...... baby steps, baby steps

-you can call me Boob.

6 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

been wanting to do a schomburg re-creation for years now. finally got around to it. this book just came on CL recently and it's one of the funniest, craziest, non-war covers he ever did. 

all-select-comics-homepic2.jpg

Wow !!

19 minutes ago, B2D327 said:
On 6/8/2020 at 11:18 AM, Memorex said:

Are you William Kerin?

Bingo! :banana:

Careful before you answer.  I think he means.... "THE" William Kerin  :baiting:

I'm really excited to show a couple more "progress shot" pictures for my upcoming book. 

This is the first page of the Jim and Joe Parker section.  

They are walking down a graffiti marked alley in East Portland on a reconnaissance mission. 

346513081_JimandJoeParkerpages_0001.thumb.jpg.a2467fab535f247e596b41398e196be8.jpg435949412_zzzspikesbpage21.thumb.jpg.6daa6eca29297ef7609ce9523cfa40bd.jpg

Edited by Senormac

30 minutes ago, Senormac said:

I'm really excited to show a couple more "progress shot" pictures for my upcoming book. 

This is the first page of the Jim and Joe Parker section.  

They are walking down a graffiti marked alley in East Portland on a reconnaissance mission. 

This guy really comes to mind for the part... (20 years late though).

cp.jpg