• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2020 at 5:01 PM, Smokinghawk said:

I've got some more of mine to share! I do pencil and oil painting art. 

Give No Ground crop.jpg

AtkinsonBison and Calf.jpg

raven Charcoal Web.jpg

You are very talented! I wish my parents would have encouraged me into going to Art school back when I was a teenager, they did the contrary with the excuse that, here in Peru, artist don't earn enough to make a living (Something I rectified with my stepson and now he's an artist). In my case, instead I became an Industrial Engineer. At least now I enjoy watching my stepson's artistic progress. His name is Iosu Aramburu and despite what my parents thought in the past, he's doing fine, financially. This is one of his latest works.

dibujo.jpeg

Thanks to this topic and the Covid-19 Pandemia, I decided to do a brand new artwork. Next saturday is a High School friend's 60th Birthday (we are a group of 15 couples that bonded together for more than the last decade). We didn't hang out earlier, we just re-met atround 45 years of age and kept going from there, so they don't know me at all as an artist.

Anyway, I was commitioned to organize this social distancy present (every time we switch organizers). So what started as a drawing for a Happy Birthday Card, soon became my personal present for the birthday guy. He, among other things was a professional fastrack racer and participated in NASSCAR and more recently, in Dakar 2012 were he made most of the rally but, at the end of a prime (peruvian-Chilean border), he had a car crash that didn't affect the vehicle, but due to the strict health rules (he had a mild body concussion), he was disqualified to participate afterward. His name is Juan Dibos.

Well I suspect that, Dakar 2012 was his greatest racing experience. So I've drawn a trubute to it!

email.jpg

1 hour ago, Memorex said:

Thanks to this topic and the Covid-19 Pandemia, I decided to do a brand new artwork. Next saturday is a High School friend's 60th Birthday (we are a group of 15 couples that bonded together for more than the last decade). We didn't hang out earlier, we just re-met atround 45 years of age and kept going from there, so they don't know me at all as an artist.

Anyway, I was commitioned to organize this social distancy present (every time we switch organizers). So what started as a drawing for a Happy Birthday Card, soon became my personal present for the birthday guy. He, among other things was a professional fastrack racer and participated in NASSCAR and more recently, in Dakar 2012 were he made most of the rally but, at the end of a prime (peruvian-Chilean border), he had a car crash that didn't affect the vehicle, but due to the strict health rules (he had a mild body concussion), he was disqualified to participate afterward. His name is Juan Dibos.

Well I suspect that, Dakar 2012 was his greatest racing experience. So I've drawn a trubute to it!

email.jpg

Nice. Reminds me of those stickers, trading cards and t-shirts when I was a kid....

1 hour ago, Memorex said:

email.jpg

that could almost be an odd rod sticker !!  :applause:

2 minutes ago, Will96 said:

Awsome. This is an actual comic? Google'd. Couldn't find....

They are pretty rare.  A reissue of #5 and #6 is soon to be available as well as #7 and #8.  

That white covered book never saw the light of day, but here's what the black final looks like 

708853068_Spike4cover.thumb.jpg.a369763a1da688c340b5ea62f1e0f269.jpg  

3 hours ago, Senormac said:

They are pretty rare.  A reissue of #5 and #6 is soon to be available as well as #7 and #8.  

That white covered book never saw the light of day, but here's what the black final looks like 

708853068_Spike4cover.thumb.jpg.a369763a1da688c340b5ea62f1e0f269.jpg  

Gotcha. Thanks....

8 hours ago, Will96 said:

I dabble in the 3D realm. This is probably 11, 12 years old.... My "X" logo was a bit of a fail.... too jagged and stockings should have been a more transparent white....

emma_frost.jpg

that's pretty amazing.  you do this just for fun and not as part of your job ?  looks to me like you should be working for one of the animation studios or something 

1 hour ago, Senormac said:

that's pretty amazing.  you do this just for fun and not as part of your job ?  looks to me like you should be working for one of the animation studios or something 

Thanks. No, this is mainly a hobby. It can get expensive so I mainly use tools that are free are near free, not really the top animator stuff.... But, yeah, one of those things if I had unlimited time.... :D

Marilyn Monroe

Older work.... I like the black and white... The others I was really struggling with a new light and skin settings.... Marilyn was a pale girl and while I think her legs look ok, I washed her face out too much.... The body, I'm particularly proud of though. I think it captures her and the 1950's "soft body" look....

marilyn_01.jpg

marilyn_02.jpg

marilyn_03.jpg