• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, Crimebuster said:

I just got this back from CGC - it's the first issue blank variant of my self-published comic The Crimebusters, which I then signed and sketched with an homage to Archie #50, starring my character Trixie Trouble. 

When I learned that artists can submit signature series books and act as their own witness, I had to try it!

:banana:

20200901_232154.thumb.jpg.4cc1a43d3eba0a56f530e5ee03315c35.jpg

Wrong number girl has a picture of Archie-this is a STALKER.  

9 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

I just got this back from CGC - it's the first issue blank variant of my self-published comic The Crimebusters, which I then signed and sketched with an homage to Archie #50, starring my character Trixie Trouble. 

When I learned that artists can submit signature series books and act as their own witness, I had to try it!

:banana:

20200901_232154.thumb.jpg.4cc1a43d3eba0a56f530e5ee03315c35.jpg

Very cool. I've done a few online comics for my page. Maybe I should self publish one....

Just finished this tattoo design-its based on a similar tattoo but I polished it and changed some stuff.  If anyone sees any flaws please shout em out.   

1 (5).jpg

Edited by kav

On 9/2/2020 at 8:41 AM, mica said:

I've been doing some cover re-creations on my YOUTUBE channel.
Weird War Tales ->

"Circles are pretty hard. Letters are hard." LOL. I could attest to that! People don't realize how difficult some of the more seemingly trivial things are.

One can spend hours working on title fonts and word balloons and not be satisfied. My hats off to the letterers.

Edited by bronze_rules

27 minutes ago, bronze_rules said:

"Circles are pretty hard. Letters are hard." LOL. I could attest to that! People don't realize how difficult some of the more seemingly trivial things are.

One can spend hours working on title fonts and word balloons and not be satisfied. My hats off to the letterers.

This.
Some say I'm a pretty good artist.  Despite my most supreme efforts, I could not get anywhere near any kind of professional lettering.

9 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

and finally, here is the finished page:

FINISHED.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=bo

That is realy nice but if I can be honest as one artist to another its not quite up to your usual work.  The head of phantom stranger to large for body and pose a bit stiff.   and zatanna head a bit big too somewhat.  zattanna shoulders a bit wide IMO especially in comparison to hips.
Hope I'm not crossing any lines with my critique but I consider you a better artist than myself.  Did you hold image up to mirror before completing?

25 minutes ago, kav said:

That is realy nice but if I can be honest as one artist to another its not quite up to your usual work.  The head of phantom stranger to large for body and pose a bit stiff.   and zatanna head a bit big too somewhat.  zattanna shoulders a bit wide IMO especially in comparison to hips.
Hope I'm not crossing any lines with my critique but I consider you a better artist than myself.  Did you hold image up to mirror before completing?

nope.

30 minutes ago, kav said:

I disagree with your assessment.

45 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

finished a commission recently. The buyer wanted Zatanna and the Phantom Stranger together. I came up with a concept where they are casting magic above them and showed my first sketch to the buyer.

LAYOUT_thumb_jpg_1f59aec51d2aff8a2df6604

He liked the concept, but asked for Zatanna to be "sexier". I googled images looking for "sexy pose" and the very first one that came up was this one which is the actress from the movie Weird Science:

sexy_3.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=boun

I then made a quick sketch of this and sent it to the buyer:

ZATANNA_thumb_jpg_360326486388e25cc8312e

He liked the pose better and we agreed she would look better without the hat and then I put more refinement into it and sent this:

ZATANNA_VER2.jpg?width=590&height=370&fi

I then put more detail into her and sent this:

ZATANNA_PENCIL.jpg?width=590&height=370&

and finally, here is the finished page:

FINISHED.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=bo

Karl, thank you for such a great piece!

There’s so much detail in the ink work that just isn’t visible from the scan.

TNG Romulan D'deridex Class Warbird

romulan_d_deridex_class_warbird_by_sodacan_dcttu2w-fullview.thumb.jpg.4e2da7d79b7a80363b8661e204cad715.jpg

Original Series Starfleet Enterprise

away_team_05___the_enterprise_awaits_by_sodacan_dcqdivg-fullview.thumb.jpg.48eb527768a72f01bf86274421f5a3f8.jpg

Original Series Klingon D7 Battlecruiser

away_team_08___new_kid_on_the_block_by_sodacan_dcst880-fullview.thumb.jpg.fcf1296edb29563046689881b547c843.jpg

These were all free 3D models so not perfect and required a little bit of reworking of textures and parts....

The Warbird, which ushered in the phrase "How can we be of help?".... probably needed the most as nothing seemed to line up. It's pretty much a compromise of several models and textures...

The Enterprise was pretty complete, but I wanted to get away from the lack of detail on the TV series model (due to series budget limitations as I understand) and add some details, better skin, running lights, etc....

Same with the Klingon D7 Battlecruiser, I added some lights for effect and changed skin color.... It's actually closer to the D7 from the TNG episode where they go back in time....

Edited by Will96