• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,098 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, s-man said:

No Frankenstrat?(shrug)

My source was a Kramer ad from a rock mag of the day. The college assignment was to make (I think 6) illustrations from magazine photos using different techniques. This one was colored pencil only. Others from that assignment were markers only, pencil only and mixed media.

On 6/20/2020 at 7:27 PM, Senormac said:

A possible cover color scheme for issue #4.  Ultimately, I didn't like so much white and went with the Black version 

1354113960_Spike4covernew.thumb.jpg.0ce49bba469362cec2af51b67f73d83e.jpg

I've been waiting for this issue FOREVER. 🤨

9 hours ago, Turnando said:

Oh, ha!  You said it, it's Dark Carnage.  I should read some super hero comics... :)

Awesome rendering.

Lol, thanks! I just started using paint pens in the past few weeks so I haven't delved into original stuff yet, still aping established characters. Hadn't heard of Manhattan Projects, I'll have to check that series out.

I've been painting a lot lately, mostly abstracts. Tonight I am going back to some more figurative work. Was looking at some George Pratt work and got inspired. I haven't done a face portrait in nearly 30 years.. Anyway, the mouth is tough on these.. Tough to adjust and correct water color... I plan on doing a series of 9 jokers.. By the 9th one I think he'll look decent... Practice practice practice!

20201024_033156_HDR.thumb.jpg.4c6d415ac93dfacb5c86acd1e57da5fd.jpg

16035250083289028088236400448161.jpg

20201024_140823.jpg

Edited by the blob

1 hour ago, the blob said:

20201019_094417_HDR.jpg

This looks like clay shapes that I saw a guy make on a TV program about how brains work.

The guy was able to see numbers as shapes like this.  He had been diagnosed with autism and his brain did things with math and numbers to make numbers appear as shapes to him. 

When given a number like 10,435 he would shape a ball of clay into a shape that looked like the image he saw in his mind.  They tested him by giving him different numbers at different times, separated by long periods, and compared the shapes made, say a year apart, for a bunch of numbers and the shapes matched.

6 hours ago, Turnando said:

This looks like clay shapes that I saw a guy make on a TV program about how brains work.

The guy was able to see numbers as shapes like this.  He had been diagnosed with autism and his brain did things with math and numbers to make numbers appear as shapes to him. 

When given a number like 10,435 he would shape a ball of clay into a shape that looked like the image he saw in his mind.  They tested him by giving him different numbers at different times, separated by long periods, and compared the shapes made, say a year apart, for a bunch of numbers and the shapes matched.

I see no numbers when I do them. I am not special!

4 hours ago, the blob said:

I suck at this. But I'm gonna keep on going until I do a good one. 

20201025_002638.jpg

That is a good one. It looks like the Jokers' Nan in a tracksuit the morning after she's had a few. I would make that my avatar if I were you Blob. I like it :)

5 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

That is a good one. It looks like the Jokers' Nan in a tracksuit the morning after she's had a few. I would make that my avatar if I were you Blob. I like it :)

I was kind of thinking it was retired joker after he's gained a little weight and he is happy and relaxed.

40 minutes ago, the blob said:

I was kind of thinking it was retired joker after he's gained a little weight and he is happy and relaxed.

He does look rather chilled, yes :grin:

Capture.thumb.PNG.5d855db1db63cdbda1085f47eda35eb0.PNG

The more I look at it, the more I like it...

20 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Bring The Popcorn!!! :tink: 

over done halloween.jpg

I didn't know that we get to EXPLAIN IT!! lol 

This one is based on the premise that someone went to shave

A hair sprouted, pling

It gets pulled, plong

and then 2 sprout and replace it, pling pling

Then the guy looks in the mirror and has become a Werewolf, AH! C'MON!!!......

anyway I though it was funny :D