• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, kav said:

I'll even extend it another hour!
I'm a good person!

True story. He's going to kick himself when he sees this today or whenever. I can always make a burner account named 'OakManTwentyNine' and take it off your hands if you like lol.

7 hours ago, Complex306 said:

I didn't, until I looked at the hidden section, then it became very clear. Thats actually really good, I've tried real-life faces before and they always seem "off" somehow. Great job on her proportions.

I still think it looks more like the queen maev actress

32 minutes ago, kav said:

Always hold your artwork in mirror and you will see all the flaws.

Or post it on this website via your phone camera. Stuff that looks not that terrible in person goes full blown terrible. I blame technology. 

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

Or post it on this website via your phone camera. Stuff that looks not that terrible in person goes full blown terrible. I blame technology. 

If youre not around a mirror merely turn over and hold up to window or light.

On 10/29/2020 at 7:22 PM, kav said:

Come on Oak the clock is ticking!  This is not a prank, joke or imaginary tale!  If you post the :takeit:within the time frame I guarantee I will send you the book!!

At least REPLY, @oakman29
tenor (2).gif

Edited by kav

4 hours ago, Complex306 said:

They are certainly becoming more menacing. I think I like the last one the best. The one a couple prior to that is pretty cool too, has a messianic, Jesus-at-the-circus-on-LSD kinda vibe to it.

I am using water colors, but on some I am laying it on thick with tube paint rather than from dry palette, so it looks more like acrylics or oils. On the last few (not the Goon inspired ones) I had been sketching the oval face divided into thirds to make sure my eyes were less off kilter and to get the mouth and nose in the right place, but that last one was done all free hand with the brush. An eye is off kilter, but I'm not sure it detracts on that one. I've stopped using a photo reference. Another 10 or 15 and I might actually do a good one. I'm making progress. Anyway, I watch a couple of hours of TV a night with my wife (it is a couple of hours where she isn't yelling at me!), so it keeps me busy painting rather than just vegging out watching TV. Face "portraits" is not something I have done much of. I did a couple of self portraits, painted a few models in studio classes, so this is a change of pace. I have an idea of what I want to do with them, but I need a bunch more. I did one more last night while falling asleep 20 minutes into "Helstrom" (not blaming the show, I drank a fair amount of wine while handing candy out last night...)... side by side with some art by a "real" artist up on my wall

joker.jpg

On 11/1/2020 at 4:25 PM, the blob said:

I am using water colors, but on some I am laying it on thick with tube paint rather than from dry palette, so it looks more like acrylics or oils. On the last few (not the Goon inspired ones) I had been sketching the oval face divided into thirds to make sure my eyes were less off kilter and to get the mouth and nose in the right place, but that last one was done all free hand with the brush. An eye is off kilter, but I'm not sure it detracts on that one. I've stopped using a photo reference. Another 10 or 15 and I might actually do a good one. I'm making progress. Anyway, I watch a couple of hours of TV a night with my wife (it is a couple of hours where she isn't yelling at me!), so it keeps me busy painting rather than just vegging out watching TV. Face "portraits" is not something I have done much of. I did a couple of self portraits, painted a few models in studio classes, so this is a change of pace. I have an idea of what I want to do with them, but I need a bunch more. I did one more last night while falling asleep 20 minutes into "Helstrom" (not blaming the show, I drank a fair amount of wine while handing candy out last night...)... side by side with some art by a "real" artist up on my wall

joker.jpg

You are essentially drawing with watercolors-it might be better to use markers.  Water color medium is best for washes and what not 

Edited by kav

I don't have markers. I'm using what i have. I have water colors, oils (water based and regular ones), and oil pastels. I'm not using the oil based stuff because of the odor and mess as I am doing this in my living room on a dinner tray table that is not even 16 x 20. I know these thick ones are not the way water color "should" be done, I am painting more like acrylics or oil, but what is "should?" The line ones that are not laid on thick are more like ink drawings, true, but here's a water color by George Pratt (yes, most of his look more like "real" water colors, like the civil war soldier pictured)..

Sudan+Kartoom+1940+Watercolor.jpg

Civil+War+2+Watercolor.jpg

On 11/1/2020 at 4:59 PM, the blob said:

I don't have markers. I'm using what i have. I have water colors, oils (water based and regular ones), and oil pastels. I'm not using the oil based stuff because of the odor and mess as I am doing this in my living room on a dinner tray table that is not even 16 x 20. I know these thick ones are not the way water color "should" be done, I am painting more like acrylics or oil, but what is "should?" The line ones that are not laid on thick are more like ink drawings, true, but here's a water color by George Pratt (yes, most of his look more like "real" water colors, like the civil war soldier pictured)..

Civil+War+2+Watercolor.jpg

Mike, is that you? @comicdonna