• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

If I was seeing a therapist, this is probably something that should be discussed. With that said, only maybe 2 of them give off the vibe of any joker version I have seen in comics. The first few used Joaquin Phoenix as a very general inspiration, but that was it. Ronald McDonald walking dead zombies maybe.

Edited by the blob

On 11/3/2020 at 10:26 AM, the blob said:

One day I would like to be able to do a WC that approaches something like that

You can.  Its no different than learning how to work on cars.  You just need to learn the techniques.  Youtube videos are your best bet.

11 hours ago, Complex306 said:

Last 2 are pretty decent, definitely getting better. I'm a professional counselor btw, and yes, definitely something your fictional therapist would be interested in discussing lol.

Just going through a phase. Here's another happy guy.

20201105_142322.jpg

1 hour ago, Complex306 said:

"Adventures in Learning How to Use Paint Pens" number 5. Or 6. Definitely less than 7. I think.

20201106_204323.jpg

use this van gogh technique on the figure, background and sun too.

Screenshot 2020-11-06 at 6.59.59 PM.png

2 hours ago, kav said:

use this van gogh technique on the figure, background and sun too.

Screenshot 2020-11-06 at 6.59.59 PM.png

I had thought about that, but I think I'm in "if I change anything else I'm probably going to mess it up real bad" territory. I might do a new one and try that though. I did the water last, didn't really have a plan for it and just kinda winged it.

8 minutes ago, Complex306 said:

I could definitely use your opinion on this one though. I was gonna do purple clouds below him, with a pink background behind and white lightning, but I'm not sure. Thoughts?

20201107_001855.jpg

do pink and purple van gogh effect.  some yellow.

On 11/4/2020 at 5:23 PM, the blob said:

I ran out of white paint so I may need to take a break. Here are my 20 jokers to date. 

20201104_122102.jpg

There's still a clear winner here

Joker.thumb.PNG.40e624c58e9e9b7e9647b0cf0c6ca81d.PNG

On 11/7/2020 at 10:20 PM, Complex306 said:

Decided to keep the color pallette limited, started doing the pink and it juxtaposed just a bit too much.

IMG_20201108_011435_705.jpg

Limited palette best.  One thing you can do to make it more interesting is dont have the figure in the center but off a bit-upper right is best.  just move an inch or so.

On 11/15/2020 at 10:28 PM, kav said:

Limited palette best.  One thing you can do to make it more interesting is dont have the figure in the center but off a bit-upper right is best.  just move an inch or so.

I've been thinking about getting a tablet to do digital art, that way I can make adjusts like placement really easily. I just don't know if spending $300-$400 on one is worthwhile or if I should just stick to the paint pens for now.