• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Looks as though he survived coming within 200 yds of a bird for a long time, which is impressive enough lol 

Yes, the police could never make that public indecency charge stick.....

12 minutes ago, Senormac said:

The bad guy must not have a dental plan cuz his teeth are wrecked

I'd like that if I could @Senormac ! :cool:

But I'm all out of likes :sorry:

Funnily enough, someone was complaining in the news over here that villains are always ugly and this is unfairly stigmatising / stereotyping ugly people. As someone with the stunning good looks of James Bond (without being a w*****), I feel I'm not qualified to comment :whistle:

Just started playing with charcoal.  I'm obviously not a pro, especially with the camera since there appears to be some distortion in this iPhone picture.  That said, I really enjoy the therapeutic aspects of painting and art.  It's a great escape from the day to day.  Here we have Silver Surfer striking a Thinker's pose.  I'm a big Rodin fan, so thought the two meshed well.  Cheers.

Silver Surfer.jpg

12 hours ago, Bird said:

I posted a drawing my daughter did a few years ago in this thread. It led to a commission request from a kind board member and my daughter struggled and stressed about it for a while until finally declining the commission. She said she couldn't get the likenesses of the Shaun of the Dead guys. Now she kills likenesses and paints like a dream. So when I saw this thread getting some action I asked her if I could post a recent painting (she had a mixed media piece I love but it is off in a traveling exhibition for a year or so!) and she said fine but she didn't want any commissions! I let that go (she is just warming to opening an etsy although I think she'll just do her own website). This is about 20x25 or so.

C_geN0jXoAECtYE.jpg

She is off to Pratt Institute in the fall for fine arts painting program and that all started with me bringing her to comic conventions and making her watch as artists sketched for me. (She was penciling, inking and then erasing the pencil at a very young age.)

Artists can tend to be perfectionists and are often their own worst enemies / critics.

Nice piece she has done.

4 hours ago, TheAvenger80 said:

I recently got an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil.. Made this in Procreate..

Currents,_Tides,_and_Orbits.jpg

I like it, especially the bottom. 

Now back to my kid. :sumo: She had a class this year that challenged her to draw like Picasso or Van Gogh; she chose Picasso and did a neat self-portrait. I just challenged her to try the same thing but to draw like Moebius. I showed her the MoebiusArt twitter account and she says she will take a crack at it.

TheAvenger08, nice work there.

Since it's comic book themed, here's a lamp I built (at comicpalooza a few years ago in this pic). 

itdEsf8.jpg

Couple decades ago I was an aspiring comic book artist, but tossed all my stuff recently.  All I have left are some old sketchbooks, in one of which I found this Barry Sanders unfinished

JpbynTg.jpg