• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

People's opinions matter not. Giving your art away to make people happy, is truly a gift of the soul.

You are giving a part of you, and that's a true gift.

He thought he had a real zinger with that one lol

A few more from the DWB days

An early one (which I think I did using a ball point pen - was still learning!):

dwb2.thumb.jpg.38c36421f05c75ec6a301bdc8f4ef354.jpg

A little one inside (which for some reason I always liked more than the posters I did):

dwb3.thumb.jpg.a4c8184ef85edc2e5d1fa0e76e1444fb.jpg

My only cover appearance!

dwb4.thumb.jpg.a905e2462104f6cd3d60ebb9bf929de3.jpg

One that got away...

dwb5.thumb.jpg.00f202fa88f5ffe20241140ec7180dec.jpg

Happy days were they :cloud9:

54 minutes ago, kav said:

can you still draw?

Who, me Kav? I wouldn't want to answer if you meant the guy in the previous one to me :grin:

29 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Who, me Kav? I wouldn't want to answer if you meant the guy in the previous one to me :grin:

i'm looking right at you

2 minutes ago, kav said:

i'm looking right at you

I knew that web cam was a bad idea :whatthe:

The honest answer Gunner Kav is I don't know as the last thing I drew was a portrait of my Mum & Dad for an anniversary 20 years ago. I assume it would 'happen' if I picked up a pencil. I have absolutely no idea why I haven't.

But work, love-life, miscellaneous probably had something to do with it.

I've heard if you draw stuff for people you can get them to like you.  I've also heard it's very important to be honest.  Or at least tell other people to be honest.

1 minute ago, kav said:

I've heard if you draw stuff for people you can get them to like you.  I've also heard it's very important to be honest.  Or at least tell other people to be honest.

Is this fall out from World War ChucKav Kav? I've drawn for loads of people and they hated me as much after I did it as they did before. And I'm always honest me. Just ask Muggins (she says Hi by the way :hi:)

37 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

I knew that web cam was a bad idea :whatthe:

The honest answer Gunner Kav is I don't know as the last thing I drew was a portrait of my Mum & Dad for an anniversary 20 years ago. I assume it would 'happen' if I picked up a pencil. I have absolutely no idea why I haven't.

But work, love-life, miscellaneous probably had something to do with it.

I've picked up my pencil/pen after a long time not drawing.  Once I went to sculpture, I stopped drawing more than stick figure 'can it stand up' drawings.  I'm surprised at how poorly I draw now.  Guess I have muscle memory loss.

Created during my childhood years, Neron Man was a comic I drew for 14 complete issues, an annual and a cover to issue 16.

I started when I was 8 years old in 1973, and stopped drawing these comics when I was 15 just before going to high school. I had intended to keep making them but in high school I joined the football team then in the summer between grade 10 and 11 the family moved from Edmonton to a small city named St. Albert about 15 minutes north. There seemed to be no more time to draw comics for fun. By request, here is the 8th issue of Neron Man for your enjoyment from circa 1978.

cover 8.jpg

Edited by Artboy99