• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

Yes.  I was eleven years old. I was taking art lessons from a elderly lady in the next town. She wanted me to paint landscape scenes but obviously I went in another direction. She didn't really appreciate my art and couldn't understand why I wanted to paint "gory portraits" instead of fluffy little clouds over a mountain top.

I can't remember the last time I posted in Comics General.

Long story short... I have fairly recently become disabled and have taken up my doing paintings again mostly because I don't have to move around much to paint and secondly because I've been an artist my whole life and have just now really had the time to be able to focus on it.

Here's a few samples:

This first one is pretty big.

Acrylic on paper 18X24

I'm not sure why the scan looks washed out on here.

Man Eater.jpg

Edited by The Troll King

Here's one I did yesterday

Gouache again. (The Bardot above was actually only the second time I had ever used gouache. The first one is a quick simple little Elephant Man piece I did for an art show. I'll post it too soon)

17X14 in size

Raiders.jpg

3 hours ago, The Troll King said:

Long story short... I have fairly recently become disabled and have taken up my doing paintings again mostly because I don't have to move around much to paint and secondly because I've been an artist my whole life and have just now really had the time to be able to focus on it.

Here's a few samples:

Acrylic on paper 18X24

Man Eater.jpg

Very Nice and I'm glad you are able to create and share such beautiful work!

4 hours ago, The Troll King said:

Here's a few samples:

Acrylic on paper 18X24

Man Eater.jpg

Simply beautiful. (worship)

Don I'm sorry you are having health problems, surely hope they are only temporary.

I always enjoy your artistry with a camera, didnt know you were as equally talented with artwork. I am in awe of your talent.

6 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Don I'm sorry you are having health problems, surely hope they are only temporary.

I always enjoy your artistry with a camera, didnt know you were as equally talented with artwork. I am in awe of your talent.

Thank you